Notices

Eye issues when in detox?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eye issues when in detox?

Did anyone have eye issues in detox? My eyes aren't yellow, but they are red and dry and my vision isn't blurry, more like hazy when you're eyes are dry? I've had it after a night of drinking many times and used the same old foolish routine of eye drops. I used them again and my eyes are feeling better.

Just didn't know when I can expect this cloudiness to ease up. It starts usually in the afternoon.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Absolutely. When I would wake up, especially when I would shower. They would turn really red. I always just try to drink lots of water and it calms down eventually It always caused me to have confusion.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SinkingFeeling9 View Post
Absolutely. When I would wake up, especially when I would shower. They would turn really red. I always just try to drink lots of water and it calms down eventually It always caused me to have confusion.
Thankfully I never felt confused. Visine helps. I just want the cloudy feeling to go away.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dehydration was a real issue for me when I got Sober, and the itchy dry eyes I was very familiar with.

I would though always air on the side of caution, if anything seems out of the ordinary check in with a doctor or optician, just to be safe.

As my Sobreity progressed my blood pressure dropped to a healthy range, but it continued to drop even further, and so I now don't take anything of concern when it comes to health lightly.

Keep pushing through, you're doing fantastic!!
Old 11-27-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
Dehydration was a real issue for me when I got Sober, and the itchy dry eyes I was very familiar with.

I would though always air on the side of caution, if anything seems out of the ordinary check in with a doctor or optician, just to be safe.

As my Sobreity progressed my blood pressure dropped to a healthy range, but it continued to drop even further, and so I now don't take anything of concern when it comes to health lightly.

Keep pushing through, you're doing fantastic!!
Thanks PurpleKnight! I have another check in tomorrow. I'm just working to push through and really take on this sobriety head on.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As the others said, dehydration.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been drinking so much water they are already starting to feel better.

Thanks all!
Old 11-27-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This has happened to me almost every time I've relapsed and detoxed. And it gets slightly worse every time. This last time, the red, itchy eyes and blurry vision took about five days to fully clear up. Like others said, stay well hydrated.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
This has happened to me almost every time I've relapsed and detoxed. And it gets slightly worse every time. This last time, the red, itchy eyes and blurry vision took about five days to fully clear up. Like others said, stay well hydrated.
Thanks SoberLifeForMe! I'm really hitting the water hard. I can feel myself already starting to flush some toxins.