Notices

Panic attack city

Old 11-27-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Panic attack city

So I'm on day 2 all over again. I pulled into the parking lot at work and I'm feeling high panic. I called out Friday cuz my AV ran the show. The holidays always get me. I'm scared to walk into work cuz this is a habit. I'm waiting upon the day they fire me. I wanted to post cuz it'll distract me from fleeing the building and going to buy a bottle. I know I can do this. Regardless of what happens. I don't have to drink. It's always tough when u feel it in every muscle of your body and brain. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I completely understand what you are going through. I remember feeling so messed up like you that I would hope I would have a car accident on the way to work so I had an excuse not to be there. Try to remember that drinking is always a choice. That choice is a lot tougher to make in the beginning but many have done it and so can you. I hope you make the decision to finish out your day and go straight home. Focus on just that and do it. Good luck. John
Old 11-27-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! U hit it right on the head. I feel like a car accident woulda been easier than having to come here today. One day at a time. If I can make it through today. I'll be happy, to lay down and sleep. I just want it all to go away.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You don't want to take the step of losing your job. No. No. No! That would not help you at all. If you're still sitting in the car, try deep breathing or take a walk around the building. Good job in checking in here. I understand. For me the work related panic translated to playing solitaire after work. Only. For months. I could think of nothing. Do nothing. But I did need the paycheck so I did go to work. You can too. You're stronger than you think! Mark out your day in little bits of time. Check off as you accomplish a task or a time. Let us know how it goes. Cheering you on!
Old 11-27-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know exactly how you feel. I am glad I have a good stretch of time off thankfully. I would lock myself in my office and turn off turn off the lights and deep breathe. Work was constant panic for me. I'll be 7 days out by the time I go back. Hang in here and keep posting. You're not alone!
Old 11-27-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much. It really means a lot to not feel alone. I walked inside. And got the day started. I'm majorly confused. And the sweats have come. It doesn't smell like alcohol. But that odd sweat smell you get after too much alcohol. I brought some spray to help clear that up. But I'm on pins and needles. Hopefully it's just a nice quiet day.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SinkingFeeling9 View Post
Thanks so much. It really means a lot to not feel alone. I walked inside. And got the day started. I'm majorly confused. And the sweats have come. It doesn't smell like alcohol. But that odd sweat smell you get after too much alcohol. I brought some spray to help clear that up. But I'm on pins and needles. Hopefully it's just a nice quiet day.
When do your symptoms normally start to ease up? are you going cold turkey? I feel you and I am right with you. Hang in there.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's hard to say. Depending how long my binge was. I see better results each day. Getting out of the house and staying distracted helps, even though it's not pleasant. I usually will just lay in bed thinking I'm dying. Which ultimately makes my anxiety worse. With some good sleep, good hydration and good food, it helps begin to put your body back to normal.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's hard to say. Depending how long my binge was. I see better results each day. Getting out of the house and staying distracted helps, even though it's not pleasant. I usually will just lay in bed thinking I'm dying. Which ultimately makes my anxiety worse. With some good sleep, good hydration and good food, it helps begin to put your body back to normal.
I have been in bed a lot and plan on doing it the next three days. I mean I'll do things around the house, but, for me, this has always been my safe zone. I'm just drinking a ton of water and taking vitamins and meds and trying to eat.

Things get better every day. Just keep your eye on the prize. I remember how I have been feeling and when I think I want to go get a bottle, I think about that. I don't ever want to go through this again.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We got this together! You're not alone
Old 11-27-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We got this together! You're not alone
And that's a wonderful feeling! One day at a time!
Old 11-27-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

The really good thing is you never have to feel this way again.

whats your recovery plan look like, SinkingFeeling?

D
Old 11-27-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've made it through half the day. I got myself some food. Cuz I know I haven't eaten much all weekend. So I know it's gonna help in the long run. I need to come up with a plan. Im surely exhausted and can't wait to sleep and have to get back to work tomorrow again. for helping me get through today
Old 11-27-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've made it through half the day. I got myself some food. Cuz I know I haven't eaten much all weekend. So I know it's gonna help in the long run. I need to come up with a plan. Im surely exhausted and can't wait to sleep and have to get back to work tomorrow again. for helping me get through today
Nice going!!!!!!!! John
Old 11-27-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good job. I'm with you on the eating. Food is good. get the body normalized again.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great job! Sleep and if you wake up, post. I haven't been sleeping so I stay up and post and ask and read and feel support.