Notices

Day 30 Emotional Mess

Old 11-24-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 30 Emotional Mess

Well, I have made it to Day 30, which happens to be on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I have had a very emotional couple days. One of the ladies who I sublet my office from (the same lady who took my office space that day without notifying me) has had nasty responses to me about a couple things, and so I have given her my 30 day notice. I loved the space and time, but it's just not worth my serenity. I am paid through December, but here I am now stressing about finding a place before January. I pretty much told myself that as long as I don't drink, all of this will just eventually pass and I will get through it. It sucks that this happened the day before Thanksgiving but maybe this is God's way of strengthening my sobriety. I understand that life does not always go as planned and that it is during the tough times that we can sometimes grow the most.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

F- grow with support, yes. Which is what you are doing. Stay safe, don't rev up the AV, remember HALT plus feelings of sadness (HALTS). Obviously- don't reach for quick fix/escape alcohol. PJ.
Happy TH-G to you.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

FreedomCA - I was in a similar situation where I needed to move on such short notice and took to drinking thinking it would go away. Wrong... just made it worse. I had to sober up and find my new home.

You can do this!
Old 11-24-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Freedom, I think it's good to look at this situation as a positive and that, in some way, things will be better. Taking care of your serenity is most important.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Anna is so right,
Now being sober things that I think are bad end up being for the best. I think as long as you don't drink most things will work out
Old 11-24-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Freedom, stay calm, stay sober, take time to reassess, create game plan, execute plan. Problem solved. You have time to do this.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

You can stress over and still need another place or get busy looking for another place.

Hope, you find a place more suitable for you

Good luck on your search
Old 11-24-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. I was subletting from two people in the same building so I do still have something to work with. Ideally, however, I would like to move on from this place completely, as I just get a negative vibe. I am very close with my parents, and so they would be willing to help me find a new place. I am not too concerned about finding a new place, it's just that I now have to take the time to change everything. But I know it's for the best. I want to feel comfortable in the place I work. I did learn from this experience to take subletting more seriously. I need to ask more questions in the beginning.