Notices

Made it to Day 22...

Old 11-22-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to Day 22...

Hey all,

Just wanted to post in here and keep myself accountable. Made it to Day 22 which is by far the longest period of time I've had off the wine in ....well a looooooong time.

The first 10 days went surprisingly smoothly but then I started feeling super anxious about a lot of stuff going on in my life and I've been really struggling with feeling depressed too. It almost feels as though everything has gotten worse since I stopped drinking - I caught myself thinking that when I was contemplating getting a bottle of wine the other day.

But then I realised, it's not because I stopped drinking...it's because I have been numbing myself out and not dealing with this stuff for years and years and years. So yeah no kidding stuff is getting a bit real at the moment right?

And I guess it means that I am making progress. Even though I am a ball of angst, I have resisted the urge to drink more than once and I have kept reminding myself of why I have chosen to be sober. I'm also fortunate to have a really great motivator which is the fact that I am starting to build a coaching business which focuses on helping women making radical change and in order to do that, I myself have to do some hard yards. I cannot be the coach I want to be, I cannot have the business I want to have and the life I want to have, if I keep drinking - simple as that.

Thanks for listening/reading
Old 11-22-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellyrally View Post
Hey all,

Just wanted to post in here and keep myself accountable. Made it to Day 22 which is by far the longest period of time I've had off the wine in ....well a looooooong time.

The first 10 days went surprisingly smoothly but then I started feeling super anxious about a lot of stuff going on in my life and I've been really struggling with feeling depressed too. It almost feels as though everything has gotten worse since I stopped drinking - I caught myself thinking that when I was contemplating getting a bottle of wine the other day.

But then I realised, it's not because I stopped drinking...it's because I have been numbing myself out and not dealing with this stuff for years and years and years. So yeah no kidding stuff is getting a bit real at the moment right?

And I guess it means that I am making progress. Even though I am a ball of angst, I have resisted the urge to drink more than once and I have kept reminding myself of why I have chosen to be sober. I'm also fortunate to have a really great motivator which is the fact that I am starting to build a coaching business which focuses on helping women making radical change and in order to do that, I myself have to do some hard yards. I cannot be the coach I want to be, I cannot have the business I want to have and the life I want to have, if I keep drinking - simple as that.

Thanks for listening/reading
Kellyrally
We have a few things in common I also have a problem with wine and im on day 19 longest I've ever gone in 5 years.
I will keep an eye on you and please do the same for me.....we can do it we have alot to live for very fortunate. 😊
Old 11-22-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey Swtpea - feel free to add me as a friend on here and we will chat Be good to have someone to keep me accountable - you up for it??
Old 11-22-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Kelly and SWTPEA61, today is my sixth day sober in a very long time. I can so relate to your feelings of anxiety not to mention the irritability and anger. I also have goals which, if I drink, I'll never attain. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 22 is fantastic Kelly!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 11-22-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

22 days !!! Congrats..
I'm at 26 days.

Let's keep it going.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on 22 days, and great revelation about suddenly realizing you have to face stuff head on. I always thought drinking alleviated my anxiety, truth be told, it made it worse. No matter what life throws at you it is easier to deal with a clear head.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks everyone feeling good!
Old 11-23-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting your first three weeks under your belt Kelly!!

Early sobriety can be a rollercoaster ride but it does smooth out.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You deserve to let yourself feel sober good.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 22 days, seems like you have a solid plan in place that will for sure motivate you, good going