Notices

starting suboxone after norco withdrawls are almost over

Old 11-22-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting suboxone after norco withdrawls are almost over

I've been trying to get an appt with a suboxone Dr but had to wait 5 days, so my norco withdrawls are almost over. I've been using a butrans patch though to help the withdrawls. Will the Dr still start me on suboxone even though my withdrawls are nearly over? I really want to try it for maintenance.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi crystaljb

I have no experience to share but I wanted to welcome you. You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 11-22-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi crystaljb

I have no experience to share but I wanted to welcome you. You'll find a lot of support here

D
Thank you for the welcome!!
Old 11-22-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Crystal

That's great news that you've hung in there through withdrawals and are now coming out the other side!

I had a big problem with Suboxone in that I found it really addictive for me. I was put on it, abused my prescription and when I bought some off someone else, that's when I went back to my drug community place and told them that I needed to get off it quickly before it turned nasty.

I don't know if your doctor will prescribe it for you and I'm sure there are plenty of positive experiences with suboxone, but just be aware of your own recovery and how you're feeling.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yogini1603 View Post
Hi Crystal

That's great news that you've hung in there through withdrawals and are now coming out the other side!

I had a big problem with Suboxone in that I found it really addictive for me. I was put on it, abused my prescription and when I bought some off someone else, that's when I went back to my drug community place and told them that I needed to get off it quickly before it turned nasty.

I don't know if your doctor will prescribe it for you and I'm sure there are plenty of positive experiences with suboxone, but just be aware of your own recovery and how you're feeling.
Thank you. I'll still have withdrawls from the butrans patch, but hopefully not too bad. Now if I could get a hold of the mental part. I just have to go tomorrow and see what they say.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by crystaljb View Post
Thank you. I'll still have withdrawls from the butrans patch, but hopefully not too bad. Now if I could get a hold of the mental part. I just have to go tomorrow and see what they say.
For sure, I think you're doing great sticking with it and seeking help. It's definitely hard but absolutely a better life :-)
Old 11-27-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

started suboxone 5 days ago

I started the suboxone 5 days ago. I'm not feeling great, but better. I'm having pain all over my body, mostly my back. It hurts for my clothes to touch. Is this just the other opiates getting out of my system? Will it get better?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't know your doctor but...

I was completely dextoxed when I got on suboxone. You can't take suboxone if Opiates are still in your system. Naloxone is narcan. meaning it will send you into serious, serious and also dangerous withdrawals. you need at least 3 days clean if you were a heavy user. the first time I took a sub I was shooting like 3 grams a day and I waited 30 hours (mostly because my insanity told me to stay sick incase my dealer came around; so dumb now that I look back) and I went into the worst withdrawals, worse than the ones I already had from going so long without heroin. Anyways, I hope it helps!