He is packing

Old 11-21-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He is packing

We finally had a big long discussion last night and I finally worked up the nerve to ask for some space. We exchanged some words but felt like we got to a place where he understood where I was coming from. He is currently packing but also going through all his stuff. I can tell he is dragging this out in hopes I change my mind. I am so worried financially. We can't afford duel households on top of all our other debt. I stay home with kids and don't work. My support system is 2 hours away. I even suggested he wait it out until the 1st so we can plan but you know misery loves company and he's got to leave today. He still only thinks about how this affects him and only him. I know I did the right thing but realize this is only the beginning of a very difficult and painful road. Just looking for support I guess. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, anxiety. I know this decision was not reached lightly. All will be well.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AG-My prayers and empathy to you. Stuff sucks. You are not alone- the people here help me- they are not just random words on a computer screen. Share, post- read. There are always options- trick is finding them. SR helps me to think outside my little square. I am hoping all will be ok for you.
Keep posting. PJ
Old 11-21-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending you a hug.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending you a big hug!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sending a huge hug and lots of prayers.. things will get better .. you will see..
Old 11-21-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just asked my AH to leave on Saturday. It took me years of putting it off too because of finances. You know what? The finances are really the least of my worries. I moved a bunch of money around just yesterday and took out most of our savings. I figured this was important enough to do that.

I'm lucky that AH is very agreeable to me right now & so far he has no problems with me taking that money out. I'm making sure that I have every penny accounted for just in case something happens down the road & he accuses me of stealing our savings. I don't think he would do that, but You never know. So my advice is to not let money prevent you from getting a peaceful home right now.

Brush off your resume and get ANY kind of job. Things will work out. Have a back up plan until you start bringing in a salary.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((BIG HUGS)))) It is so hard!

He still only thinks about how this affects him and only him. I know I did the right thing but realize this is only the beginning of a very difficult and painful road. Just looking for support I guess.
Just consider that this may be the END of a difficult and painful road....and that the road ahead is brighter and more peaceful than you could have imagined.

Hang in there, stay strong, things will come as you need them, and you are doing the right thing.