Notices

meals

Old 11-19-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

meals

Hi all,
Even when I was a drunk, I enjoyed cooking and eating :-)
Anyway, I'm making diner plans right now and a silly fun thought came to me, what would you last meal be. As a drunk I would choose fast food burger and a lot of beer and whisky.
As a sober man, rib eye steak, cabbage, dark bread with butter, and coconut cream pie. Anyway just having some fun being sober. What's your drunk and sober last meal..
Love ya all....and there is nothing you can do about it.
Mick
Old 11-19-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had many nights when I was single and drinking when all that I would eat would be biscuits washed down with beer. That I'm sure would have caught up with me in time.

Sober -- the wife and I enjoy a nice steak house down the mountain.

Monies saved from not buying beer buys a lot of steak.

M-Bob
Old 11-19-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My last drunk/high meal would be fried chicken, red beans and rice, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a biscuit from Popeye's. And a WHOLE Black Forest cake!!
My sober meal would be sushi, especially spicy tuna rolls and poki. With thai coconut mango sticky rice. The kind with the deep fried bean sprouts on top. Yummy!!
Fun thread!!
Old 11-19-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
I had many nights when I was single and drinking when all that I would eat would be biscuits washed down with beer. That I'm sure would have caught up with me in time.

Sober -- the wife and I enjoy a nice steak house down the mountain.

Monies saved from not buying beer buys a lot of steak.

M-Bob
When I drink, I don't care what I eat or if I eat at all. I eat much better when sober. I really get into salads and fruits a lot. Can't beat a good salad. I love putting together what I call a garbage salad. Tuna, hot peppers, lots of tomatoes, ham, cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers, etc. By the time I fill my salad bowl, it turns into a meal all by itself. John
Old 11-19-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Drunk me would be anything handy in the fridge or chips.
Sober me is deep rich stews, asian soups, sushi...... or mac and cheese. I dream of mac and cheese, old school NOT KD.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
When I drink, I don't care what I eat or if I eat at all. I eat much better when sober. I really get into salads and fruits a lot. Can't beat a good salad. I love putting together what I call a garbage salad. Tuna, hot peppers, lots of tomatoes, ham, cheese, mushrooms, cucumbers, etc. By the time I fill my salad bowl, it turns into a meal all by itself. John
I hear that, I love tomato salad, red onions, beef steak tomatoes(in season only) blue cheese dressing, chives and any other veggies added. Funny when I was drunk, food was unimportant, but now colors flavor, presentations is what I look for a meal is not just nutritious, but love and caring. For me my cooking had taken on a whole new level being sober, now I love and crave my veggies, meats must be perfect now.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mick75 View Post
I hear that, I love tomato salad, red onions, beef steak tomatoes(in season only) blue cheese dressing, chives and any other veggies added. Funny when I was drunk, food was unimportant, but now colors flavor, presentations is what I look for a meal is not just nutritious, but love and caring. For me my cooking had taken on a whole new level being sober, now I love and crave my veggies, meats must be perfect now.
I don't know why anybody would not like a good salad when you can throw anything in it. Blue cheese dressing is the best. A good salad, blue cheese dressing sprinkled with bacon bits (I know that's bad, but so what). Don't forget the hard boiled eggs. Throw a steak on the grill with onions and it's heaven on earth. Maybe not the healthiest way to eat, but drinking myself silly was much worse. Besides, being sober doesn't have to be boring. Live a little and go for it. Eat up!!!! John
Old 11-19-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sober style

Either fried chicken or green chicken enchiladas for me. And the only me is sober me.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I like the Asian glazed salmon that I get at a local restaurant. It's my favorite meal.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Either fried chicken or green chicken enchiladas for me. And the only me is sober me.
OK, I confess, I love fried chicken. I'm no saint. lol John
Old 11-19-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can't answer definitively, but there would be a good chance that a grilled rib eye would be part of the meal.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Irnldy001 View Post

sushi......
Ready willing and able at most all times.
M-Bob
Old 11-19-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Ready willing and able at most all times.
M-Bob
Me too! I'm pretty darn certain that's what my son would choose.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Whenever I drank, I rarely ate.