last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 11-18-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for watching over us, Dee!
Old 11-18-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Have read all the posts and just to say thinking of all my Nobenders family. Start of day 4 for me here in eastern Canada. Don't have enough time right now for a detailed post as I need to go out early this morning and then my therapist later today. But sending all my encouragement and thoughts to you all. You have given me so much strength and a place to feel like I can talk openly and express myself. Hugs. X
Old 11-18-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! (although everyday is Friday when you're not working LOL)
Looks like the last nice day here in Ontario...18 today! then it drops by Sunday and snow..ew ew. haha. We knew it was coming so I am grateful for the last 2 weeks of beautiful weather.
Trying to figure out how to stay busy this weekend...Day 18 today. Feeling really good, waking up feeling positive although slightly anxious about finding work. I keep telling myself it's only been 3 weeks... early days and something WILL come up as long as I keep staying on this track.
I hope everyone has a great sober Friday
Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Truthbetold. We're neighbors. I'm in Quebec! Same for us. Looking at potential snow this weekend. Your doing so well. Congratulations. X
Old 11-18-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thx Kimmy. I feel like this time I am ready to end this. I'm taking my counselling very seriously and not half assing it this time around. I'm reading like a maniac, everything I can get my hands on in regards to all my issues (co-dependency in relationships, anxiety, depression, trauma...)....
as much as I hate not working, I am using the time wisely to regroup and get into a better headspace

yup...we knew the snow was coming but we have been blessed with some really nice November days!!
Hope you have a great Friday !!
Old 11-18-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Good day... Time is flying by.
Today is #22 and I'm feeling good going into the weekend.

One very interesting thing this time around...
I think about Not drinking way more than drinking.

Let's Stay strong Nov class !
Old 11-18-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done to everyone who has made it another 24 hours sober. Welcome to any newcomers as always.

Day 11 and I don't really know how I feel - do I want to stay strong? Don't I? Of course I do. But maybe I don't?

I have just had the unfortunate news that my Nan has passed away, I have kept myself busy with hospital visits as distressing as they were, we knew it would happen but still a slap in the face.

I feel selfish that I am glad that she went sooner rather than later, she was removed from life support after having a very serious stroke and the prognosis was that it could take up to 6 weeks for her to pass.

I feel regret that I didn't visit her more when she was in good health, I lost touch with that side of the family for many years. And did I visit enough even when she was in hospital?

I feel like a fraud that I am upset, other people are in much worse situations. Am I just whining when I have no right to be.

I know my feelings are irrational really and normally I would seek solice in whatever alcohol I felt like at the time so it's very difficult to detach myself from that habit right now.

Going to study my recovery notebook for a bit, I guess this will be a true test to see if it works
Old 11-18-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning!!! Day 6. Anyone ever feel this way?

Click link to find out how my year has gone so far! Lol!
https://youtu.be/9NxAdXi1r5o
Old 11-18-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Emzeh- my empathy for your loss. Remember SR is here if you feel stressed out. PJ
Old 11-18-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Ha ha, we were quoting Farley this morning at my house. I've felt that way lots.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Truthbetold76 View Post
Looks like the last nice day here in Ontario...18 today! then it drops by Sunday and snow..ew ew. haha. We knew it was coming so I am grateful for the last 2 weeks of beautiful weather.
Trying to figure out how to stay busy this weekend...Day 18 today. Feeling really good, waking up feeling positive although slightly anxious about finding work. I keep telling myself it's only been 3 weeks... early days and something WILL come up as long as I keep staying on this track.
The first whispers of winter have arrived all over North America it seems. let's welcome the change. I know the job search stuggle oh so well! Keep applying, you'll get something,
Old 11-18-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Emzeh- Sorry for the loss of your nan. Hang in there!
Old 11-18-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Crazy busy life right now. I forgot who said "addiction/alcoholism is a nuisance" but I agree! It would definantly get in the way if I decided to pick up again.

I'm coming close to 2 months sober. Family gathering next week for thanksgiving. My alcoholic (now sober 2.5 years) father will be there so I'll keep him in mind if mom and sis offer wine. All I have to do is say no thanks, they won't push.

Things are really ramping up in school as we close the semester. I'm looking forward to the 3 week winter break... then 100% into my last semester. This last one is very intensive. I'll be damned if I let alcohol get in my way.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Truthbetold76 View Post
Great job on 18 days, Truthbetold! You're so close to 3 weeks!
Old 11-18-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emzeh View Post
Well done to everyone who has made it another 24 hours sober. Welcome to any newcomers as always.

Day 11 and I don't really know how I feel - do I want to stay strong? Don't I? Of course I do. But maybe I don't?

I have just had the unfortunate news that my Nan has passed away, I have kept myself busy with hospital visits as distressing as they were, we knew it would happen but still a slap in the face.

I feel selfish that I am glad that she went sooner rather than later, she was removed from life support after having a very serious stroke and the prognosis was that it could take up to 6 weeks for her to pass.

I feel regret that I didn't visit her more when she was in good health, I lost touch with that side of the family for many years. And did I visit enough even when she was in hospital?

I feel like a fraud that I am upset, other people are in much worse situations. Am I just whining when I have no right to be.

I know my feelings are irrational really and normally I would seek solice in whatever alcohol I felt like at the time so it's very difficult to detach myself from that habit right now.

Going to study my recovery notebook for a bit, I guess this will be a true test to see if it works
I'm so sorry for your loss, Emzeh :-( I had a similar experience with my father when he became ill. He was in the hospital 3 months and when he died (taken off life support) I was devastated that I didn't spend more time with him. Years later, a dear friend looked at me and said, " I don't think your dad would want you to live your life with regret. " He was right. My dad would never have held anything against me.

You have every right to mourn and should, but try to imagine what your Nan would be telling you about being a fraud. Would she really think that?

You've made it 11 days and need to be strong. Come here as frequently as you need to. We're here for you
Old 11-18-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Old 11-18-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Crazy busy life right now. I forgot who said "addiction/alcoholism is a nuisance" but I agree! It would definantly get in the way if I decided to pick up again.

I'm coming close to 2 months sober. Family gathering next week for thanksgiving. My alcoholic (now sober 2.5 years) father will be there so I'll keep him in mind if mom and sis offer wine. All I have to do is say no thanks, they won't push.

Things are really ramping up in school as we close the semester. I'm looking forward to the 3 week winter break... then 100% into my last semester. This last one is very intensive. I'll be damned if I let alcohol get in my way.
Congratulations on your sobriety, Blackbirdfly!

Old 11-18-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 2 and feeling good. I had to pick up some scripts at my pharmacy and as I walked through the store, I saw the wine and said to myself, "I don't drink". It was as if a switch clicked in my head and suddenly it was all very real.

I'm feeling pretty good about about this. I don't smoke, I don't use drugs, I don't steal, so why not say, "I don't drink"? I'm going with it!

So happy to see so many of us making progress and sending out healing vibes for those of us who are struggling.

Thank you class. For the encouragement, kind words and just being there for each other.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Lucky number 13! In a row!

Home internet and cable is still down. Found out it is for the whole apartment complex. Supposed to be fixed by late this afternoon. I'll believe it when it happens. But I'm typing this from my phone so no long post. Just know I read and appreciate what every one has said. Hello to newcomers. Stick close. Ask for help when you need it. Help others whenever you can. There's an amazing amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another.

Stayed up way too late with my new (old?) addiction--video games. Struggling to get moving this morning.

Work tonight. Life is good right now. Going to go eat lunch with an old friend now. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day! Don't take that first drink no matter what.