Notices

Day 1 ..... Again.... Again....

Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
K66
Sober Date March 19, 2018 *One Day At A Time*

Day 1 ..... Again.... Again....

Crippling anxiety attack are hitting me left right and centre...muscle weakness all over my entire body... Pins and needles.... Why do I do this to myself... I'm contemplating going to work and asking them to send me to rehab....my nails and hair are so brittle and dry... My bladder is heavy.... I hope I haven't done permanent damage...I still haven't paid off my ambulance bill From work but I was damn sure to have a bottle of vodka delivered.... I have to be done and start mending... I feel like crap and I'm terrified of having another attack at work... I know it's withdrawal... Any tips on helping with the anxiety? Aside from not drinking lol I need your strength you guys
Old 11-17-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anyway you can take a few days off? I can't work while in withdrawal, too darn shaky! I don't even trust myself driving while in withdrawal, for me it's,couch/bed,water,sleep, maybe call off work saying you're sick with the flu
Old 11-17-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
K66

I've used up all of my sick days.... I left on Monday 6 hours early from an anxiety attack... Withdrawal when I'm drinking a Mickey of vodka nightly it hits me almost every day at 11am... Then stupid me I binge drink on my weekend knowing full well how it affects me.... I have a dr's appt on Monday but as for work I'm falling behind financially in everything now... I'll be 31 on the 26th the booze is stealing my beauty... I'm so lazy and I sit down to my job... My muscles are getting so weak and I'm tiny as it is... Like 107 and only 4'11... Not eating properly... I'm worried about alcoholic neuropathy because of the electric pins and needles all over my body and muscle weakness yet I still bring the shaking shot glass to my lips.... I refuse to do it anymore 😩😩😩
Old 11-17-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
K66

Has anyone else had incredibly sensitive skin...? I'm hyper sensitive to temperatures also... I just want it I go away...I'm also breaking out super easily and I've always had good skin... No I look like a corps
Old 11-17-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sensitive skin, itchy skin, hot skin, cold skin, you name it I know how you feel when you said alcohol is stealing your beauty,I looked 15 years older during my last bender, just plain ugly and I never want to see that face again! I also know what you mean about falling behind financially, I got myself into too much debt during said last bender but I HAD to take the time off work to sweat it out and make myself better, sending you strength
Old 11-17-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
K66

Thank you for responding and sending strength.... I need it... I can do this.... I have to do this!!! I can't keep putting myself and my loved ones through the worry.... I don't see anyone really anymore because I'm always tucked away drinking because I get lonely.... Ironic this disease... Spirits used to be for celebration now I'm drowning in it... This must end...
Old 11-17-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's so rough for you K66.

Unfortunately anxiety's a pretty usual part of withdrawal - but plugging myself into this community - letting myself be helped and helping others - really did help me feel a little better.

I know it's hard not to focus on the immdeiate rght now, but have you given any thought to how you might stay sober now?

You never have to feel this way again

D
Old 11-17-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
K66

Hobbies.... Exercise.... Proper nutrition... Look up meetings in my area... Seeing my dr on Monday for full disclosure... Blood work and whatever comes along with admitting I'm an alcoholic... Which I'm scared to do but I must... That whole accountability thing I keep reading about.. My family has been asking me to stop for years and I've been sitting here in bed all day on this site and looking up the rehab centre my work deals with.... Contemplating.... But 35 days is scary to be out of work... But it's covered... I don't know... I just know I'm having a hard time on my own... And I've been going downhill since December.... Living alone... No one to hide from... But yourself...
Old 11-17-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi K66,

First, I am glad you are here and posting tonight. I'm sure the idea of missing 35 days sounds scary, but it sounds like it is exactly what you need right now. It is a little more than a month, you will be able to start the new year sober, and start rebuilding your finances, and your physical/mental health.

I have always dealt with anxiety, and I used to think drinking helped me to deal with it, turned out the opposite was true. I have had to deal with several stressful situations since getting sober, and was able to do so. Had I been drinking I would have forgotten about it for the night, and then been forced to deal with it the next day, week...

One thing that has helped my anxiety is mindfulness. I am still working on mastering it, but staying focused on the present really does help. We can't change the past, and worrying about what might happen in the future only causes more anxiety. Maybe google some mindfulness strategies to help with your current anxiety. I also think you are very smart to see your doctor.

Looking forward to seeing you for day 2 tomorrow.

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-17-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
K66

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi K66,

First, I am glad you are here and posting tonight. I'm sure the idea of missing 35 days sounds scary, but it sounds like it is exactly what you need right now. It is a little more than a month, you will be able to start the new year sober, and start rebuilding your finances, and your physical/mental health.

I have always dealt with anxiety, and I used to think drinking helped me to deal with it, turned out the opposite was true. I have had to deal with several stressful situations since getting sober, and was able to do so. Had I been drinking I would have forgotten about it for the night, and then been forced to deal with it the next day, week...

One thing that has helped my anxiety is mindfulness. I am still working on mastering it, but staying focused on the present really does help. We can't change the past, and worrying about what might happen in the future only causes more anxiety. Maybe google some mindfulness strategies to help with your current anxiety. I also think you are very smart to see your doctor.

Looking forward to seeing you for day 2 tomorrow.

❤️ Delilah
Thank you for the kind words of wisdom Hun this time I will kick boozes ass...
Old 11-17-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there K66. You never have to feel this bad again if you don't want to. I know how you feel. I was there 6 days ago. It sucks. Hang in there and add some more action to your recovery. Xo
Old 11-17-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by K66 View Post
Thank you for the kind words of wisdom Hun this time I will kick boozes ass...
I have no doubt!

Wanted to make sure you had the option to dance or slug your way through battle. You've got this!!
Old 11-18-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I too had the awful anxiety/panic attacks. They are very scary. I am 7 days out and slowly feeling better so you have to stick with it. Which is really hard because you just want the panic feeling to go away now. My drinking binges would just send me over the edge and I would be physically sick and not able to function. Then I would tell myself that I just want to feel normal and normal for me was toand pick up a beer then everything would be ok. Problem is as we all know, one beer actually means twelve. A really vicious cycle. I like you am alone and no one to be held accountable to... except myself. When you get to the point where your body is giving out and mind is no longer working, then you owe it to yourself to keep trying and I can't believe I am saying this but I needed to try a little harder. The way I was living was no life and in reality I was slowly dying. Withdrawal is an awful experience, the shakes, the rapid heart beat, the feeling of wanting to jump out of your own skin, etc. but it did slowly pass for me. So stick with it and take lots of deep breaths, drink water and if you can take walks. These things helped me. You can do it!
Old 11-18-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep with it! You're here and wanting to recover, this is good news! With regards to the rehab, I'd absolutely seize that opportunity. You'll be in a safe place where people understand what you're going through and it'll give you some time to heal your mind and body.

Until then, the anxiety sucks, for sure. I have an anxiety disorder and going through withdrawals on top of it was horrid. Thing is, just remember that you can get through it and so many of us have been there. I spent a lot of time in the bath. Not only did it help relax my muscles, but it kept me distracted for a little while and feel comforted.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AA Member

keep going k66

its gettin' better!

Old 11-18-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by K66 View Post
Hobbies.... Exercise.... Proper nutrition... Look up meetings in my area... Seeing my dr on Monday for full disclosure... Blood work and whatever comes along with admitting I'm an alcoholic... Which I'm scared to do but I must... That whole accountability thing I keep reading about.. My family has been asking me to stop for years and I've been sitting here in bed all day on this site and looking up the rehab centre my work deals with.... Contemplating.... But 35 days is scary to be out of work... But it's covered... I don't know... I just know I'm having a hard time on my own... And I've been going downhill since December.... Living alone... No one to hide from... But yourself...
I'd do it! I checked into a place for 28 days and it was just what I needed to make my first serious play at recovery for good. It's an excellent investment in yourself.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
K66

Originally Posted by Yogini1603 View Post
Keep with it! You're here and wanting to recover, this is good news! With regards to the rehab, I'd absolutely seize that opportunity. You'll be in a safe place where people understand what you're going through and it'll give you some time to heal your mind and body.

Until then, the anxiety sucks, for sure. I have an anxiety disorder and going through withdrawals on top of it was horrid. Thing is, just remember that you can get through it and so many of us have been there. I spent a lot of time in the bath. Not only did it help relax my muscles, but it kept me distracted for a little while and feel comforted.
No anxiety today yet but y eyes are burning from only an hour sleep and the pins and needles and hairs standing on end just started and it's so annoying...I have skin irritation on my legs... Red pumps that are super prickly... I used to get them when I was younger if I didn't exfoliate and moisturize which obviously when your drinking a lot your not takin the best care of yourself
Old 11-18-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad the anxiety is lessening.:-)
Old 11-18-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think it's time to make some changes.

Do you have weekends off? If so don't drink as soon as you get off work for the weekend. Go to the store and stock up on pedialyte NOT Gatorade as it has too much sugar. Get some chicken noodle soup, bread for toast, apple sauce, rice and bananas. That can be your meals for a few days.

I cut the pedialyte with water but I tried to drink a 10 oz of pedialyte every hour. You need to get those electrolytes back in you. If you can stand a vitamin get a vit B complex one.

Drink pedialyte, eat some soup and toast, sleep. Wake up do it again go for a walk then nap. Repeat repeat repeat. The pedialyte will help you stay hydrated which is so important early on.

These steps helped me immensely and helped a few others as well. And honestly if you need to go to the hospital with withdrawals they can help. As can your dr.