Notices

sleep patterns

Old 11-17-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

sleep patterns

All part of the recovery process so I read, Could take several months to settle down they say.

I get so tired these days I need an early evening nap or I'll just sleep thru the whole evening. I'll sleep thru night like a log or I'll wake up every few hours. I sooo love it when I get a solid sleep and I'm cranky if I don't. Can't wait for this to settle down.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There with you, me too. We need to take care of ourselves and not go backwards by every picking up a drink again!
Old 11-23-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

So I've noticed the last few days, not only am I sleeping well, but I'm not wearing ear plugs either. Use to be that the slightest noise would disturb my sleep. I'm still really tired in the evenings and going to bed early.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not sleeping, or sleeping poorly, is no joke. I don't sleep wonderfully well anymore. I think it's part of getting older. All my friends of a certain age complain about it, too.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe talk with your dr about melatonin. Its over the counter and has helped me balance my sleep patterns.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After over a year of sobriety, my sleep is finally getting half way decent. I'm logging in about 7 hours a night more nights per week than not. I was really starting to wonder if I was permanently damaged in that regard. I had read somewhere something about heavy long term drinkers never regaining their ability to sleep well through the night and I was so certain I was one.
I think regular exercise and sleep schedule help immensly and diet seems to be a big factor too. No chocolate past 5 PM for me!
Old 11-23-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to sleeping through the night and not diving out of bed to start drinking. I know the first week for me is going to be rough but I have to make this happen. I'm actually yawning so there might be a chance to get some sleep tonight. Last relapse I was sleeping through the night within the first month. It does get better STD