Notices

Quit drinking.. shortly

Old 11-14-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quit drinking.. shortly

I've quit drinking a few times... been to rehab etc. But got out of rehab and was sober for a while.... then got back into it just drinking beer maybe a few shots here or there.. then turned into at least 6 beers a night minimum. I'm now enrolled in college classes and trying to quit but everytime i quit cold turkey... (3 days at the most honestly ) i get crazy headaches even though im drinking tons of water... cannot concentrate and feel my mind is just better off with a beer or two at the end of the night. Im freaking frustrated

Last edited by j2016; 11-14-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: new to this website. just realized i posted in the wrong forum ; (
Old 11-14-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not go to a Dr and ask for help J?

D
Old 11-14-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Looking into getting a new behavioral therapist. Dont feel comfortable with my own
Old 11-14-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I mean someone to help with the headaches tho?

if thats making you return to drinking it seems sensible to get some help there?
Old 11-15-2016, 01:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The headaches suck and are often part of a withdrawal it seems! They were for me at least. Like Dee said, I'd get help from a doctor. I wasn't able to be prescribed painkillers due to my past drug addiction but I was checked out in those first few days of detox and being told that I was okay and that it would pass with time was a huge relief.

Your body is going through a big change and it will take time. Be patient with yourself and if you need help, especially if it's one of the health effects of drinking like the headaches, then reach out
Old 11-15-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
totfit

I have always hear, "don't quit before the miracle happens". Well, it is no miracle, but you really don't start to get better until "after" 3 days. That was at least my experience. You have to give it some time. Get out and get some exercise and eat a good diet with plenty of fluids. The place in the center of my forehead that alcohol opens up, is also opened with exercise. For me, there was no "miracle", just a change in behaviors that allowed me to make not drinking, no big deal. I am physically different in the way alcohol affects me. I can do most everything else in the world, so I am good with that. When I drank, my world was very limited and not on the good side.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

hi j2016

glad youre here

i was able to go to aa meetings and get some help

the habit of drinking was replaced by the habit of aa meetings/ service

God bless