Notices

Relapse again why do I do it

Old 11-14-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse again why do I do it

Everything was going well so I stopped my Antabuse and as soon as the 2 weeks were up I was back drinking and taking drugs. Iv tried going to meeting s but struggle with the higher power stuff also I'm 25 and struggle to connect with everyone cos there in the 50s. I liked the smart meetings but can't get to them most weeks. Back lying in my bed rattling feeling sorry for myself will be going back on the Antabuse as soon as I can just writing this to see what you think I should do should I give aa another chance or is there other things I could be trying?
Old 11-14-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I drank because I liked the effects produced by alcohol - simple.

However, when it stopped working, I had to find others solutions to my problems. Simply removing alcohol from the equation was not enough.

I don't give advice, but there are plenty who do. I simply share my experience. After I was sick enough, I didn't let a higher power issue stand in my way. Funny how I could drink like a fish, put other in harms way but take some elusive moral high ground when it came to a power greater than myself!

It was alcohol........so I changed it. I became willing to listen.

Whatever program one chooses is up them. Stopping for me was only a start.......There wasn't enough antabuse in the world to stop me.

Keep trying, don' t quit on quitting. We've all been where you are. You don't have to drink.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alexf91 View Post
Everything was going well so I stopped my Antabuse and as soon as the 2 weeks were up I was back drinking and taking drugs. Iv tried going to meeting s but struggle with the higher power stuff also I'm 25 and struggle to connect with everyone cos there in the 50s. I liked the smart meetings but can't get to them most weeks. Back lying in my bed rattling feeling sorry for myself will be going back on the Antabuse as soon as I can just writing this to see what you think I should do should I give aa another chance or is there other things I could be trying?
Maybe keep trying different meetings if you aren't finding people your age? The first meeting I went to had a handful of people younger than me which I did not expect, really... (I'm 32). But I went to a smaller meeting the next day and was definitely the youngest.

YOU aren't doing this to yourself. Your ADDICTION is doing this to YOU. Treat the addiction accordingly, and don't judge yourself. You have to kick out an evil, nasty roommate, and you just don't know how yet.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

yea there are zillions of meetings here with lots of young people

i was 29 when i got sober

there are VERY ACTIVE young peoples meetings

go nuts / sober

have fun

we are not a glum lot !!!

Old 11-14-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies it's just I stay in a wee village out of the way so there aren't that many meetings near me but your right I should keep going just a always end up back on the benders 3-4 weeks after and am too embarrassed to return