Notices

Day 20

Old 11-14-2016, 12:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20

Continuing on my sober journey. I love my husband, and I also see the sneakiness of alcohol as he continues to use. He is so tired right now from overworking and lack of sleep, yet once he drinks enough beers, he gains a sense of false energy from the alcohol, which is why he is always so tired during the day. I guess this is why we recovering alcoholics are so tired on early recovery, because we have lost so much rest and sleep when we were drinking. I help him as much as I can, and I hope he eventually finds a healthier life, but I'm not too optimistic.

Just really glad that I am sober. Sobriety allows me the tools and ability to detach from my husband's irritability as a result of being an active addict. So I can enjoy his company when pleasant yet also detach when irritable, and so our marriage works. We also have a toy poodle puppy who is 1.5 years old, who cuddles and keeps me company when my husband stays up late watching tv drinking.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope too that one day he decides to follow your lead Freedom - congrats on 20 days

D
Old 11-14-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr

Congrats on 20 days.
Well done on staying optimistic... one has to see the positive side of things.
I also hope he follows your example.
Vinny