Notices

Went to an old haunt....

Old 11-12-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Went to an old haunt....

In my drinking days (I love saying that now) I would frequent a certain club here in town.

As my drinking progressed, I stopped going because by the time the club was getting nice and busy, the way I liked it, I was already too drunk and tired to leave the house.

Now that I am Super Clean, going out at 8 pm is not a problem.

It seemed smaller than before. Everyone was drinking. Shots, drinks, beer. I had a water. I saw nobody that appeared as drunk as I used to like to get. The cigarette smoke started to give me a sore throat. After less than 2 hours, the shine wore off. I saw people spending a lot of money for drinks. I left for home.

Glad I went. It was bugging me to go. I won't miss that place any more.

Still proudly sober.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is interesting - why did you need to go? Was it a test of resolve? What did you hope to see/find?

I have an almost visceral negative reaction to even driving by my old watering holes. I don't have any desire to go back in to some of them...but then all our bars are also restaurants - so if I ever have a craving for a particular food, who knows?

I used to love Vegas. I want to go back - but that's the only place I sort of miss, and there is a lot more to Vegas than drinking.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bars and clubs get a whole lot less interesting when we don't drink. Smoky, often moldy-smelling, something I never noticed when I drank. Peace.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you. We are probably in the minority, but I do think its important to retrace our drunken steps after we've had sober time. Its provides a little bit more perspective to our new lives. Glad to hear you won't be going back.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
This is interesting - why did you need to go? Was it a test of resolve? What did you hope to see/find?

I have an almost visceral negative reaction to even driving by my old watering holes. I don't have any desire to go back in to some of them...but then all our bars are also restaurants - so if I ever have a craving for a particular food, who knows?

I used to love Vegas. I want to go back - but that's the only place I sort of miss, and there is a lot more to Vegas than drinking.
I haven't been there in at least 5 years...maybe 10. I was so curious.

Like I told my sister at our last fam party. I get little pings of craves when I see people drinking, but if wanted to, I could drink, in private, anytime.

Drinking is not my thing anymore. I was a party animal, now I am a gym rat.

Thanks.