Does anyone know?

Old 11-11-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone know?

So it has been brought to my attention the female allegedly assaulted, has a son who is about 8.

I have also learned she was using heroin among other drugs.

Does anyone know if dhhs already gets involved, or if it would be wise to make an anonymous report on her?
She has sole custody of this child, and he is just a small boy.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The police would handle informing the necessary agencies. Since all you have is secondhand information (provided by whom?) I would stay out of it. Be aware that if they investigate her they may also investigate you since you share a child with the man who assaulted this other woman and drugs were involved.

My oldest son told a school counselor that my ex hit him while drunk. My son had already gone to live with his dad, but CPS investigated BOTH households- mine and his dad's.

I know you feel like you want to help him, but he got himself into this situation. Take anything he tells you with a grain of salt. He is probably not the innocent victim of circumstance he is portraying himself to be. He was using drugs with the other woman that he's involved with and got arrested for assaulting her. I know from experience that doesn't just happen for no reason.

Please think about yourself and your daughter. I know you have a lot of hope invested in making a life with this man, but I don't think you're seeing the reality of who he is.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

IMO, ALL children should be protected from active addicts and abusers.
So yes, I would contact CPS.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not advocating throwing a child to the wolves. Just consider the source of the information and examine your motives. Besides the (unverified) addiction, what real difference is there between you and this other woman?

I was eager to see myself as "better than" my ex's new wife. But the only real difference between us is that I have 3+ years of Al Anon recovery under my belt. Had I not had my own moment of clarity, I could easily be in that same position. It's something I still struggle with. Progress not perfection I guess.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what female and who assaulted her?