Husband home from rehab wants divorce

Old 11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband home from rehab wants divorce

My husband has been in rehab for 6 months then 3 months sober living. 3 weeks before his discharge he started to become distant and mentioned he wanted a divorce. It has been a month he has home with me and my 7 year old daughter. Everyhig is about her and we have moments where things go good but as soon as something dosnt go his way he flips out and says i am a bitch he isnt in love with me and he wants a divirce that i am going to make him relapse.he is still herr we sleep in the same bed but its as if we room mates and have sex here and there....i have stood by his side through his addiciton and recovery, i remind you everyhing has been smooth until he was released home now he doesnt want me knowing anything. Only time we talk is if it is reguarding somehing that benefits him. I dont understand hese highs and lows. Is this normal for newly recovered addicts?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like it was a 'rehab' that doesn't abide by the program of AA?

I drank for 40 years, then struggled for a long time trying to get sober. Drank after 'rehab'. I am now 3 years Sober, thru working the 12 Steps of AA. I learned thru the program, NO ONE ELSE makes me drink. That is a complete cop-out. Also, it is MY responsibility to make amends to those that have been negatively affected by my drinking behavior, ESPECIALLY my family members that it is MY responsibility to provide for. ANY shirking of responsibility directly means there is NO actual recovery. If possible, get him to agree to get involved in AA, and especially to WORK the program. Try getting him to agree for the 2 of you to read the book, Alcoholics Anonymous together.

Do NOT let yourself be the VICTIM. If needs be, cut him off from you and your daughter, until he agrees to work a program that insists on Personal Responsibility.

These are just my opinions, but they are based on my understanding of the Self-Will-Run-Riot A$$#ole I was, and the renewed person I am now.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I have restored the trust of my family by MY living Sober amends to them and by living Sober with them.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

problem is, he's isn't THAT "new" of a recovering addict - 9 months is plenty of time to stabilize and get the head screwed on straight. he had a full 6 months IN rehab. so i think you are likely seeing more of who he is..........

maybe he really doesn't want to be married anymore.
maybe he met someone thru rehab or sober living.
maybe he's just a jackass.