Notices

The Choice Is Yours!

Old 11-02-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Choice Is Yours!

Hi all!

I don't post a bunch anymore, but shared this passage (from motivator Zig Ziglar) with a friend of mind- and thought some here might benefit as well.

Congratulations on each of your desire to make some changes- and live the life you deserve!

You Have the Power to Dramatically Improve Your Life
But the most practical, beautiful, workable philosophy in the world won't work—if you won't.

The choice is yours.

Question: Do you believe there is something you can specifically do in the next seven days that would make your personal, family and business life worse?

Chances are good you did a double take on that one and rhetorically responded, "What does he mean, make it worse?"

OK, next question: Do you honestly believe there is something you can do in the next seven days that would make your personal, family and business life better?

Chances are astronomical that you answered "yes" to that one.

With that in mind, let me pause for a moment and ask this: Do you believe the choice is yours, and do you believe that every choice has an end result?

Now, let's think it through as I make the observation that if you were serious with your answers, you just made a profound statement.

Here's what you said: "I don't care how good or bad my past has been, I don't care how good or bad my circumstances are at this moment. There is something I can specifically do right now that will make my future either better or worse, and the choice is mine."

That thought is truly profound. Think about it. You can do something about your future. To dramatically improve your odds at making it better, you must accept that responsibility.

Two-time Pulitzer-prize winning historian Barbara Tuchman said that America's No. 1 need is people who accept responsibilities.

So make the right choice; take action on that choice; keep your thinking sound and persist, persist, persist—because if you do, I will enthusiastically say I'll SEE YOU AT THE TOP!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good stuff. Thanks for the post
Old 11-02-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I find this really powerful. The answer to both questions depending on whether I drink is very clearly 'yes'. It's that simple- choosing to drink WILL make my life worse. Choosing not to drink will make it so, so much better.
I want a happier, more fulfilling and joyous life, so the choice is clear.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Arrow

I like running shoes on and out the door.

Warm up into a trot . . . then WOW . . . I LIKE THIS . . I'm gonna finish a marathon!

Start . . . LET SOBER LEAD YOU . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. .

Old 11-03-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. I am seven days sober today and already the impact of not drinking is making everything better...my relationships with my children I'm working better and my whole attitude towards my life is changing for the better...I can see a future! I can think clearer I can see things clearer. I know what choice I'm making! Embrace Sobriety!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sober style

Zig is right! I love Zig Ziglar, from way back when I was a salesman. Still listen to his talks regularly on the Youtube. He's awesome.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yep yep yep!!!

good stuff, buddy!
Old 11-03-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh I like this. I just wrote a bunch of this in my notebook as I think it'll help during those crappy times!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for sharing this, great post!