Notices

not sure what to do

Old 11-02-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not sure what to do

Hi all,
Today my wife's Mother died, it wasn't sudden we all knew it would happen, she had been fighting cancer for several years, and entered hospice last week. I know this will be difficult for my wife, and I will be there for her and I will be sober, and strong for her. I'm getting cliser to 60 days sober, and even this stress will not drive me back.
I now understand what my duties as a husband are, before I would get drunk, and not be of any help or say something stupid, but now being sober I feel I can really be there for her on a whole new level.
Thanks for listening, for all you new folks out there being sober is so much better, one day at time it just gets better.
Mick
Old 11-02-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss. And you won't regret being sober for your wife and yourself. Consider it a very positive way to honor your MIL's memory!
Old 11-02-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I'm sorry for your loss. And you won't regret being sober for your wife and yourself. Consider it a very positive way to honor your MIL's memory!
I like that, my sobriety being a way to honor her memory, I like that a lot.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sincere condolences for your family
Old 11-02-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Sorry for your loss.
It will be so good for you to be clear and sober to help your wife during this time.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss. Being there for your wife is the best gift you can give. She will have a lot on her mind and having your support will help. Congratulations on your almost 60 days.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Mick75 View Post
I now understand what my duties as a husband are, before I would get drunk, and not be of any help or say something stupid, but now being sober I feel I can really be there for her on a whole new level.
#winning
Great job of stepping up.

Went through a similar situation about 5 years ago. Mrs Non's grieving process took years longer than I anticipated. Listen, and encourage talking.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss, even when it is expected that does not make it any easier to deal with.

Being sober and able to truly be there for you wife is amazing and that you recognize how with sobriety is allowing you to be there for your wife and to be able to be the one taking care of her, being there and being able to be the type of husband you have wanted to be.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Mick, but how good is it that you can be there for your family?

D