Notices

Dealing with stress

Old 11-01-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with stress

Having a few bad days. I was typing a long story of what happen but it was more blah blah. Instead of the meat of the matter. So I'm only a few hours of sleep the last few days. Yesterday when I went out to get a mid night snack I got the mail because I forgot to get it being coming home. At this time I was tired but could not sleep and my parents went on vacation. I'm 34 and still live at parents place still sad I know. Any way, I get a letter from the IRS which freak me out. I file my taxes a few days before the extension deadline and thought I was going to get aduit. After eating the letter it was along for a form I didn't put. Something to do with healthcare I sign up to don't remember getting healthcare. But after the next day and finally getting the information I was feeling better. Well somewhat. I was tired and stress and anxiety the last few days. Tonight my parents got home and my mom called asking me if I had anymore over. I told her no (I was lying because I did had someone over). I forgot to throw a wrapper away and she got my and now I'm stress and anxiety again and don't think I will get much of any sleep.

I like routine because I hate being nervous and being stress about anything. One of the reason why I didn't move out because I would be stress about money even though I work and save pretty well. I haven't drank since my past binge in may or so don't remember but it was more than 6 months. I know stress is a trigger for. Me to drink which I'm not going to do but still. I feel like I'm standing still with my live the way I'm feeling and acting. Am I avoiding life changes and making it worst for me to love an adult life?

I don't want my mom to tell my dad about having someone over because he can go crazy and more so at this age.

I know it's not a drinking issue but I think it can relate with people here.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing warrants poison booze,

even though we sometimes have extra problems.

Just cope with them best you can; soberly.

That's how we grow in strength and wisdom.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I think if stress and anxiety and the inability to cope with change is keeping you from the life you want to lead, then I think professional help is in order.

Congrats on your sober time and for not drinking over this.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stress has been a trigger for me to drink as well. I have successfully used some coping strategies such as having several ready made distractions ready and urge surfing to cope with these cravings until they pass. There is a lot of info here about these.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you feeling today ACT10Npack?

D
Old 11-03-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

finally got a good night sleep but pretty much past out when I got home.