Notices

Days 21 and 22

Old 11-01-2016, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Days 21 and 22

Days 21 and 22 are done. Although I spent lots of time on SR on my tablet, I didn't get on a PC to post. Between the stupid spellcheck and the small keys, It's not worth the aggravation to post on the tablet, plus, the "thanks" icon doesn't come up on the tablet.

Monday morning I was sure I was going to drink. I have been mad at my wife, and I guess my sick brain thought this was an excuse to drink. UGH. I got home just before alcohol sales started, and was going to go out again... I DIDN'T have the feeling in the pit of my stomach that says "I have to drink", but, I was going to anyway, maybe subconsciously to "get back" at my wife...? Whatever. What happened was, I played the tape forward, but not even to waking up hungover, only to thinking of that first sip of beer, and....it brought no pleasure. 2 poptarts later I had no desire to drink. I think that, immaturely enough, I thought that not drinking was a better way to get back at her. A maturer way of saying that is that, in any argument, any alcoholic who puts his family at risk by drinking doesn't have a leg to stand on. Bottom Line? I didn't drink, and I am VERY happy about that, and thankful to my HP, and to the tool he/she/it has given me: SR. Arguments go hand-in-hand with marriage, and we will have to work this out, but drinking will NEVER help, and ALWAYS...MAKE...THINGS...WORSE. What I didn't do, which I had said I had "PLANNED" on doing, was to post on SR, and I'm going to start another thread on that..
Old 11-01-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I started a new thread for you Fortress:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ll-happen.html

congrats on getting through that to day 22

D
Old 11-01-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Fort,

Every day we stay clean we are a little stronger.

My bad crave time is around 2 to 6 pm. If I stay busy, e.g. watch tv, work out, make origami etc..I am fine. When I focus on the crave...I feel less happy.

Once the crave passes I am back to proudly sober man.

Feels great knowing I will not be a tired, weak, red eyed, etc etc mess for the rest of my life..all for a few minutes of drunken euphoric stupor....

and the thought of all day binge sessions leading to panic attacks and detox withdrawals w the possibility of dui, domestic issues, or alcohol related hospital visits.........heck no....no thank you sir...

I'd rather enjoy a nice nap, cool water, an apple, or a delicious burger.

Thanks for the post.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

21 and 22 ya!!!

glad you didnt relapse

Old 11-01-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done Fortress. Good reasoning on your part. The idea of drinking to get back at your wife in a sense brings to mind the saying of cutting your nose to spite your face.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations Fortress, you are into your 4th week

Maybe there will be fewer arguments when alcohol is not around. Either way we'll done
Old 11-01-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on 22 days!!

Also..... If you sign on to SR using your browser it gives you the option to "view full site" If you use the full site version you can see all icons and use your" thanks" button. This doesn't solve the "small keys" issue but it allows you to do everything you can when using a laptop or desktop with your tablet or phone. Keep up the Great work!
Old 11-02-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all, but a shutout to Realsoberaity for the tip, which I am using now😎
Old 11-02-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Fort,

Every day we stay clean we are a little stronger.

My bad crave time is around 2 to 6 pm. If I stay busy, e.g. watch tv, work out, make origami etc..I am fine. When I focus on the crave...I feel less happy.

Once the crave passes I am back to proudly sober man.

Feels great knowing I will not be a tired, weak, red eyed, etc etc mess for the rest of my life..all for a few minutes of drunken euphoric stupor....

and the thought of all day binge sessions leading to panic attacks and detox withdrawals w the possibility of dui, domestic issues, or alcohol related hospital visits.........heck no....no thank you sir...

I'd rather enjoy a nice nap, cool water, an apple, or a delicious burger.

Thanks for the post.
Yeah I have the same thing. Once I get home at 5:30, that's when my craving is strongest. If I can make it through a few hours, they tend to go away.

Weekends at home are hard all day, though. I guess the key is to get out of the house then...