Notices

Back Again

Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Again

Not sure what to even say here. I have tried quitting and starting over so many times I know I have zero credibility. Nevertheless I am here and starting on day 1 yet again. Took the day off from work today because I am just too sick from drinking last night. There are still 6 beers left in the fridge and I am just about to bag them up and throw them down the garbage shoot because otherwise I will drink them late this evening. I know it.

Trying to use this day to come up with a new plan that will help me remain sober for the rest of my life. I know that is really what I want. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired ugghhhh disgusting!

I have done a lot of stupid things but I think I am going to lay them down and let go. When I think of every dumb drunk thing I have either said or done it becomes overwhelming and embarrassing that I think at this point I have to just let it go or it will cause me to start feeling dory for myself which will lead to more drinking. Does this make sense?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad you're back. And yes that makes sense. Complete sense. I'm working my program through AA this time and I have come to realize that the steps are in order for a reason. Not sure if you're familiar with AA but step 1, really the most important step, is all you really need to think about right now. Dealing with all that past 'stuff' comes later in the game, when you're ready. I'm not pushing AA but when one is so early in recovery its enough just to learn to accept that alcohol has won and that life is out of control. Just accept that alcohol no longer works TODAY. Don't stress about yesterday and tomorrow.

Hang in there.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Not sure what kind of program you are using (or not using), but if you are going to use SR, may I suggest you read and post here daily. Join the newcomers class for support and accountability.

If you want to quit, you have to put down the drink and deal with all the discomfort. SR can help.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My wife and I poured out 2 12 packs and a huge bottle of tequila down the drain.

It was a good symbolic gesture. Today is day 9.

You can do it!
Old 10-31-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support
Old 10-31-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

wilderness

ive known a few people who have tried for years and years to get sober

now they have many years sober and a good life

keep going!

for me its

meetings
sponsor
steps
service
higher power

God bless

Old 10-31-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

no apologies, you are here. lots of support and experience. positive energies your way
Old 10-31-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome back.

Contrary to what your AV is telling you, posting here implies a desire to get better, and that gives you instant credibility.

You can do this.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi WV

credibility is not an issue really - the only time that counts is now...and the only importance the past really has is in helping us not make the same mistakes again

do you have a plan about how you'll stay sober this time?

D