Notices

Its me again....

Old 10-29-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its me again....

Hello friends.. I hope you are all well.
Don't know if you all remember me. I last posted in May, I believe. I was considering drinking on the cruise my boyfriend and I were supposed to go on, since we had the beverage package. Remember?

So, we ended up having to cancel our cruise, since I was diagnosed with breast cancer on May 11th. Since then, I've had a double mastectomy and have been in a living hell after all the reconstruction procedures, surgeries and unbearable pain. Needless to say, I've been drinking like a fish, as a way to cope with all this. Also, out of boredom.

I am finally on day 6 of sobriety. Again. I chose to get sober again because I'm tired of living this way; feel like crap all the time, sleepless nights, gained 20 pounds, skin is a mess, etc.

So, here I go again. It's definitely harder this time. But, I'm feeling pretty ok and every day gets better than the last. I get headaches, especially in the evening time where I would normally be half full of booze. But, they are manageable and I cope with it.

I start my new job after this upcoming surgery on Weds. I can't wait to go back to work and have a daily routine and a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
And by the way, my boyfriend is more than 2 weeks into recovery and my Mom is on her 2nd day. So, there is no conflict with watching others drink around me while I'm trying to stay sober. It seems that the three of us are on the same page and supporting each other. I never thought this day would come. Yay!

I hope you are all doing well and staying strong to beat the alcohol in order to live a happier and healthier life. Take care all.......

Old 10-29-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jenny

I'm so sorry for what you've been through - but I'm really glad you've found your way back here to help support and understanding

welcome back

D
Old 10-29-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jenny. Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Hang in there!
Old 10-29-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jenny. Sorry to hear about all the bad news. Happy to hear about your decision. Wishing you the best.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jenny. Glad you are here.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Back!

I can't personally say I wouldn't have done the same thing.

HUGS!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great you are back.

I get you totally with the daily routine bit. That is me too. I like routine.

Keep coming here. You have friends here xx
Old 10-29-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Jenny,

I am glad you are back. I hope you keep on posting because it will help a lot.
I am sorry to hear about everything you have had to go through with your health.

Continue to stay sober even if others choose not too. I hope you can decide to do that for yourself even if they don't. I sure hope they do though.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jenny, I'm so very sorry for what you've been through with breast cancer. I'm so glad you are looking forward to getting back to work and a normal routine. Good for you for stopping drinking. There is lots of support here, so please keep reading and posting.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Jenny! I wasn't a member back in May, but I remember you from my very long "lurking" period before I joined in September. Sorry you've had to deal with cancer, but congratulations on getting back on the path to sobriety.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jenny, I do remember you and the cruise dilemma. It's so good you found your way back to us. You were sort of ready to stop, but not quite.

I'm sorry for all the pain & upset you've experienced. I'm glad you're enthusiastic about going back to work. I think it'll really help you to be here during this transitional time in your life. We all understand, and want to help. 6 days is great - proud of you.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for what you've been through. That's a definitely a lot to have to deal with. Good job on 6 days though. You're doing it! Also, I definitely think you'll start feeling a lot better when you get back in the work routine again.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welome back, Jenny. You sound strong in your commitment. You've been through so much and I'm sorry to hear about what you've had to deal with. So heartening to see you commit to turning a new page.

Lean on SR, stick close, share and seek support on these pages. Everyone here pulls together because we all are working toward the same great goal.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Jenny,

I am sorry for what you have been through, but I am happy to see you back.❤️
Old 10-29-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Jenny, welcome back.
Sorry for all you've been through with the cancer and double mastectomy .
Congratulations on 6 days. Baby steps.xx
Old 10-31-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for your support! Day 8. Starting to get out of the house to do what used to be fun before I became a drunk. My boyfriend and I brought my daughter to the movies and dinner last night. I actually enjoyed it. Had a great time.

Still have cravings for booze now and again, but I notice that they are starting to subside and become less bothersome. Life really is better being sober. I remember everything that occurred in the last 8 days and there are no blurry spots, like there have been for so long. My head is becoming clearer and clearer every day. My waist has shrunk quite a bit already, not being filled with booze all the time. Also, I sleep quite well. So, all of this is a nice change and gives me something to look forward to because it's only going to get better and better.

I am glad I'm back here and I really appreciate the support from all of you. Thanks for that.
Have a great day all