Notices

What I (and many others) try to pass on

Old 10-24-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I (and many others) try to pass on

It's hard to deal with addiction, even more difficult alone and even more difficult when everything around is in shambles.

The hurt is something deeper that most will know and its unfortunate that some people never escape it.

Between SR and meetings that I go to I try (like many others) to pass on a message of how important getting help is, the fact that this program saves lives (so if nothing else has worked it is at least worth a shot) and that you have to respect the power that the drink and/or the drug has (or had) over you.

I try to put a positive message out there for the sake of people that are really feeling it and are beat down by the addiction.

So from one addict to another, trust that I and many others know what it feels like to be in that rock bottom place. Confusion, shame, sorrow, fear, anger, pain and despair all in one mesh of force that can drive people to the edge (and unfortunately for some to the end).

We have to pray for and help each other. That's the whole point of this. We understand each other better than anyone when it comes to this here. Lets make the best of that mutual understanding and cheer each other on.

This is my Congrats! to everyone for another day sober, for their first day sober and for their decision to become sober for the sake of saving and bettering their life.

Take care
Old 10-24-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks!