Notices

72 Days

Old 10-24-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

72 Days

The occasional thoughts of drinking have turned to thoughts of how scared I am to drink.

The absolute best thing that has happened is laying down at night knowing I am going to get restful beneficial sleep and doze off anxiety free.

I dont hear from my best friends anymore and thats ok. One because he drinks a lot and the other because he looks down on me.

For anyone struggling to quit: I not long ago couldnt make it 3 days without and now I am happier than I have ever been.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go BD, I too have lost a few friends to sobriety but I have made new ones. I'm sorry, but anyone who looks down on you for being sober is not a friend. Your doing great
Old 10-24-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great job BD! Keep it going....one day at a time. This is all about you and your true friends will support you.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes..... great job!!! I also have seen this type of behavior from who I still consider a best friend. Just know that it may take some time for them to adjust too. Hopefully that happens in your case as it has in mine. Keep up the good work, it gets even better!
Old 10-25-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations BD

D
Old 10-25-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done BD, I wouldn't worry about your old friends, they are probably jealous that you made the choice for freedom and they cannot for now, look after number 1 - you. I am in the same boat as you at 45 days and getting stronger every day my drinking days are behind me now onwards and upwards, keep it up.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Friends can be funny. (Day 74 for me). I have friends that still hang out at the bar like I used to. At that time we talked daily. Now I don't hear from them. I don't think they frown upon me and would still offer help with anything like we used to. It's just that since I don't haunt the beer joint anymore, the daily interaction is gone. And that's fine. I don't think less of them because of my sobriety, it's just a different routine socially. You keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like we are both on the way.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic BD!! Keep it going!!