Notices

Drinking again

Old 10-24-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking again

So i started back drinking but havent started back smoking cigarettes which is good. I never thought i could drink alcohol without smoking but guess what I can an just as much.. i also said i wont buy anymore alcohol and an drink t home an only out at the bars. Guess what i can still drink as much at the bars an just go out almost every night to drink. Guess what im saying is me trying to add restrictions did nothing. Also last thursday i got slammed and the next day when i went to poop (tmi) it looked like blood in it. Not much but some. I also dranked a gatorade that morning so maybe it was that i dont know. I called the doctor an he said if it happens again let him know an come in. I havent drank since last thursday an my poop was normal. Maybe a warning i dont know. Also the doc told me a year ago i may have an ulcer. Either way i dont think drinking is helping it. Today is day 4 i guess.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would take blood of any kind as a warning sign . . . draw a a line under alcohol once and for all, and write a new chapter your life.

What are you planning to do different this time?
Old 10-24-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're back tonib. I've had the fruit punch Gatorade scare myself before, until I realized what it was. Good job reaching out to your doctor, just in case, and I wish you well with your return to sobriety.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to see you're back tonib. I agree with what PK said. How's your plan looking these days?
Old 10-24-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I changed from beer to scotch, reasoning I wouldn't drink as much because I wasn't all that fond of the taste and it was expensive. Then I got used to the taste, would drink what I had and then buy cheaper beer. I also stopped going out to drink reasoning that if I drank while out, it would be too expensive and I risked getting arrested for driving drunk.

You aren't the only person who thought that adding restrictions would curb your drinking. No matter how hard I tried, I realized that there was absolutely NOTHING that I could do that would bring me back to being able to drink like a normal person. I had to stop trying the one and embrace getting sober. I could have continued trying all sorts of different things but I was so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

What is your plan to stay sober? I needed accountability in my life. I started posting on here as if my life depended on it and I started going to AA meetings and contacting other sober people. AA might not be to your taste, but you could start by posting here. You've been a member here since July 2014 and have posted 267 times. You get out of it what you put in. Why not try posting more often. Reaching out to people here.

I wish the best for you. I know it is really hard. Please hang in there. You can do it but it takes work.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. Glad you've started over again. Yes, when I relapsed, I was back to my wretched self within a few days. It's like they say, it only gets worse. There will never be such a thing as "normal" drinking for those of us afflicted in this way
Old 10-24-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In college I tried to restrict myself by only taking sips from my friends' beers. I can only imagine how annoying that must of been. I ended the evening, when the kegs were empty, so desparate for alcohol, by dipping beer out of the trough by the kegs that collected the spilled beer. So....yeah, I guess you could say restrictions don't work for me. The only restriction that is effective is the one against the first beer. One Day At A Time.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Tonib. Sounds to me like the physical effects of your drinking are really starting to catch up with you. What's most troubling is that you say "maybe it's a warning - I dont' know". What do you think would have to happen to you in order for you to take it as a serious warning?

You've been here many times and usually only come here once after you've drank to share what happened. How about sticking around and learning some new strategies while you are not drinking? You only get so many chances at this - I hope you can make a plan before you start doing irreparable damage to your health.

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 10-24-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
I never thought i could drink alcohol without smoking
yea smoking is a bad trigger for me also

drinking/ drugging/ smoking/ irresponsible spending ... all lead nowhere good

congrats on 3 full days of sobriety

Old 10-24-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
Glad you're back tonib. I've had the fruit punch Gatorade scare myself before, until I realized what it was. Good job reaching out to your doctor, just in case, and I wish you well with your return to sobriety.
Yessssss i was freaking lol it was fruit punch gatorade as well
Old 10-24-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post

Today is day 4 i guess.
That's good, keep it up.
M-Bob
Old 10-24-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by tonib
Yessssss i was freaking lol it was fruit punch gatorade as well
I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious, but our bodies do show us outward signs of what's going on inside when we poison ourselves with alcohol. Our skin, hair, eyes, weight (over or under), bloating from fluid retention, and even our poop... tell the true story that we will rot from the inside out if we keep it up.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you're back.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you;'re back too Toni

Sounds like, if you quit now, you'll be doing yourself a lot of favours healthwise?

I hope you can make this your turning point.

The rest of your life doesn't have to be like the last few years

D