Notices

Posting for no real reason

Old 10-22-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Posting for no real reason

Hi. There's no real point in this post. It's the middle of the night here, and my anxiety has me awake, so I figured I'd just post rather than stare at the ceiling.

It's been about 8 hours since my last drink. Other than the anxiety, not feeling too badly at this point, but I think I better drink some more water.

Anyway, have a good day.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drink some water, try and get some rest. There'll be time enough tomorrow to start to work out what to do next - good to have you back tho

D
Old 10-22-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr

hello SLFM... there is always a reason !

my reason for posting is because staying alcohol and drug free is my number one priority. Today i'm tiling in the house but every couple of hours i have a look....

Have a good day too
Old 10-22-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rest, water, hot bath or shower and small bits of food if possible.

then repeat

In early recovery, I think water and rest are paramount.

Sending hugs. I hope you have a good Saturday.

Just remember the #1 priority is not drinking and Self Care - rest, water, relax, soak in the tub, eat watermelon (my favorite)- just anything to get through those first few days.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Eat when you crave. Sugary stuff tricks the brain. Eat some healthy stuff too. Now is not the time to diet. Working out in moderation helps.

Rest, rest.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I'm feeling pretty disgusted with myself at the moment. I'm sure it doesn't help that I can't sleep a wink. But I'm determined to get another Day 1 in the books, no matter what.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

When I couldn't sleep, I would meditate. Dark room, no noise, curl up and focus on my breathing. Restful hours would pass. Hope you can give it a try.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Posting here is much better than drinking so post away!
Old 10-22-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My AV is really toying with me. I'm trying to stay strong, but can't get it out of my head that having a couple drinks would calm my anxiety and maybe allow me a little sleep.

I'm not going to, but darn it, this isn't any fun at all.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sober style

Hang in there, bro. As recently as early June, I was scratching and clawing to put together a single sober hour. We all been there.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is complete lunacy. I can't believe I willfully did this to myself yet again. And I'm scared that in a few days, when I'm feeling better, I'll do it all over. This needs to stop. I can't go through this again.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
hello SLFM... there is always a reason !

my reason for posting is because staying alcohol and drug free is my number one priority. Today i'm tiling in the house but every couple of hours i have a look....

Have a good day too
As I hve healed, 18 months, the hell I endured getting this clean has faded.

Coming here and reading about new folks struggles, and helping them w my words, is part of my new sober life.

Reading here is like an AA meeting w less emotional moments. Same situations, less tears.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
This is complete lunacy. I can't believe I willfully did this to myself yet again. And I'm scared that in a few days, when I'm feeling better, I'll do it all over. This needs to stop. I can't go through this again.
I have been there more times than I would like to remember. Try looking into mindfulness. It has been a big part of my recovery and I am still working on it, nowhere near mastered yet. I also find journaling helps me get out how I am feeling.

Post as much as you need to on here. Glad you are back!
Old 10-22-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
Yep, addiction is pretty much lunacy. There is no logical explanation for it and accepting that it simply "is" was the only way out for me. Perhaps you could be proactive so you don't drink again when you feel better? By that I means actively address the addiction by attending meetings, spending time here, seeing a counselor, etc. Simply "not drinking" is not equal to being sober.

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 10-22-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks, Scott. I definitely need to be proactive. SR is very helpful for me, when I use it.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry to keep this thread going. I just need a place to vent right now and get out of my head for a little bit. It's been 16 hours since I had a drink. Typically my anxiety starts to decrease around 18 - 24 hours, so hopefully soon.

I've been tempted a couple times today to just take a little nip to squelch my anxiety, but I know full well where that will lead me. That's why I'm posting now, so that I don't drink.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Keep at it. When I was in your position 13 days ago, I was saved by reading AA literature like Living Sober and Daily Reflections. You can also listen to AA speakers on your phone. I would have drank yet again if I had not implemented this change, and I did do it because nothing else was working and I became desperate for help. I think if I hadn't done this, I would have needed impatient rehab because I was hopeless and confused.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks for the idea, Freedom. I have a Daily Reflections book somewhere. I'm going to see if I can find it.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi SoberLifeForMe,
I hope thing improve for you.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good wishes, Treerat. I'm sure things will improve in a day or two. Once the anxiety lifts and I can get some sleep, then I can focus more on a long-term plan. Right now, I can't wrap my brain around it.