I am a little 'squiffy' myself, and I needed it!

Old 10-21-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am a little 'squiffy' myself, and I needed it!

Just to let you know that I got a little 'squiffy'myself tonight! Ah got SO drunk that he left stupid early, but that was OK by me... I was embarrassed! I stayed all night and sang some karaoke...had a blast! I was glad he was gone...I could have fun without worrying what he was saying or doing! I was with a group of women and all I wanted to do was to tell them about my a hole of a husband... tell them how my life is...tell them that I haven't had sex in two years...tell them that my marriage is a sham...the biggest mistake of my life! It has just turned my birthday, and I have never been so miserable or ashamed of myself in my life! What crappy choices I have made, and what a crappy existence I lead! Tonight I got a glimpse of fun, happiness and freedom...I never get squiffy, but tonight I bloody well enjoyed it! Sod him! Sod his whiskey! Sod this excuse of a marriage!...I am done! I need to feel what it is to be myself again, and not have to apologize for it! I MATTER!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds liberating lizzie!!!
I have never heard the word "squiffy" before, but I like it
Old 10-21-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
Sounds liberating lizzie!!!
I have never heard the word "squiffy" before, but I like it
Yes...I am British, so we use funny little words like that!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizzieloulou View Post
Yes...I am British, so we use funny little words like that!
Love it!
I like "sod" too. I also have never heard that one... clearly I need to get out more and culture myself...
maybe I need to get a little squiffy too... haha

You do matter Lizzie!!! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-21-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes Lizzie you do Matter!!! Proud of you that you finally realize that.

Keep moving forward my friend, you will have many more nights like tonight.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(Sorry for making the image so big that you have to scroll from side to side a bit, but I wanted to make sure the words were legible)

Lizzie, you do indeed matter--I hope you don't ever forget that.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you girl! We all have to get our squiffy on every once in a while! ( As long as we don't make a habit of it! Lol )
Old 10-22-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yikes. This sounds...well, like trouble to me. Not so much a celebration of your freedom and right to happiness.It doesn't sound like it really helped you progress.

I don't know your situation (perhaps you have shared it around here) and would just say that indeed you do matter - and taking good care of yourself, not doing things that make you feel bad afterwards (like part of your post admits)....are important. Recovery involves all parties- with or without your AH now or in the future since addiction is a family disease.

Good luck- and wishes for health and happiness.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Thank you to all of your replies to my post. Especially to honeypig...lovely sentiments! To August...don't be unduly worried...it is my birthday today, so I just had a little celebration that's all...I REALLY DON'T drink to any excess... I hate that!...'squiffy is just being a little tipsy, and nothing more! I just needed to blow-off some built-up emotion...quite normal for most people I think?! Most of the time I just go to work, tend to the housework and keep my head down from an ah's whims and behaviour, so I was just doing something for me, that's all! Best wishes and peace to you all! XXX
Old 10-22-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post. Its good to look at your life the way it really is and decide for yourself if you lead your life the way you want to and if you dont betray your values. your post sounds so liberating. The more people you tell, the more free you will feel and will believe more strongly that it is not normal to lead life like that. Be true to yourself. best of luck! and Happy Bday