Notices

day 11

Old 10-21-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 11

Day 11 is done. Wow, you guys' posts are so awesome! I really cannot tell you how much your replies to my personal posts, as well as posts/replies to others help me. Every comment, every click of the "thanks" button helps. Thank you all, but today, I especially thank you, EndgameNYC, for your "thanks" click.
Anyhoo, in the last 30 months of trying to quit, Fridays have been my nemesis about....a thousand times! My work week ends, I have the house to myself, nobody will see me drink, I'll just have 4 beers in bed (I work nights) and then go to sleep because I'm so tired, and then I'll wake up. not be hungover, and have a nice Friday night with the family and a great weekend, right? 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 beers later, slept through until Saturday, death hangover, overwhelming guilt, shame and self-loathing. And that's BEST case scenario, meaning if I didn't do anything stupid.... WELL, NOT TODAY! Thanks to SR, my HP, the thought and work I've been putting into my sobriety, I can so happily say I have no cravings today. I know I am not a "normal" drinker, so...I....can't...drink, that's all there is to it. Playing the tape forward, thinking of the g, s, and s-l that is GUARANTEED to follow my drinking has helped with mini-cravings in the last few days, and SR, nicotine gum, candy and ice cream (mostly SR, but every little tool in the kit helps) also help. Thank you, SR.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Fortress!! Day 11 is fantastic!!
Old 10-21-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

Old 10-21-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done Fortress - have a great sober weekend

D
Old 10-21-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hey.

We both brought ourselves to a point in life when getting sober was the only realistic option available, and we both had and have to work through much of the same stuff to get there and then stay there. If you keep on doing what you're doing, then living a better life will again be an option for you as well. You're on your way.

And that's all either one of us needs to know.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job getting through 11 days Fortress!
Old 10-22-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well put, Endgame, thank you.