Notices

Day 1

Old 10-20-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Day 1 going well so far. Which scares me. Had to literally force myself to leave 2 stores while shopping without wine. I wanted that "one last day" and to start tomorrow. Which has been going on most days for maybe 25 years more or less. Have had only a handful of Day 1's in the past. It scares me it's going well today because I know it (my self control) changes on a dime when I decide to just do what I WANT. And the store is only a few minutes away. But my liver is showing levels that are not good. My life seems to revolve around when I can start drinking and then again the same thing again the next day. Its actually pretty boring and tiring. I've missed really living my life to the fullest because I was always "buzzed". I feel guilty and that I've wasted so much of my life. But all I can do is try, try again. I have been reading on this sight and will continue to. It really helps a lot to know others have this struggle. Want to join October's class but don't see how! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Lulu!
Every day is a new opportunity to start over. Stick around. A lot of great folks here who can help with how you're feeling.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Lulu! You will find lots of support on SR! You have lots of days in the future that can start with a sober and clear mind. Great job not buying wine!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! It was when my liver started to show signs that I finally woke up and got serious about quitting.

You can do more than "try, try again" too. You can take active steps and make a plan to stop. Here on SR there is lots of information about how to do that.

Originally Posted by lulu64 View Post
I feel guilty and that I've wasted so much of my life. But all I can do is try, try again. I have been reading on this sight and will continue to. It really helps a lot to know others have this struggle. Want to join October's class but don't see how! Thanks for sharing.
Just post on the October class thread and say hi, and keep posting there, making friends, staying accountable, sharing your struggles and triumphs with your classmates! Joining a class was key in helping me stay sober.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lulu,
I found it exhausting to try and manage my drinking and it was really a relief when I stopped. You can change your life.

Here is the link to the October group thread. You are welcome to post there if you like:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
Old 10-20-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

hello lulu

Old 10-20-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can relate Lulu to always putting off my Day 1 to the next day, and I am very lucky that something worse did not happen in that last 3 months of doing this during my relapse. I am now on Day 11 and have made a complete turnaround. I will be sober for my mom's birthday dinner tonight, my job performance is great, and I even suggested babysitting my two nieces. None of this would have been possible if i was still drinking.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Lulu,I just wanted to say what an honest post,I understand that feeling of it being too easy to quit,when it's harder cuz we're so sick it's easier to say"never again" but when it's easy it's kind of like hmmm and the brain starts thinking bad thoughts even though we know we need/want to quit, come on over to the October thread, I'll keep a seat open
Old 10-21-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lulu!!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing Lulu?

D
Old 10-21-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Lulu and congratulations on making today your day 1 and not tomorrow!