Notices

so confused

Old 10-06-2004, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy so confused

I have a significant other who has been sober for about 8 months.I am somewhat confused with her behavior of late.When we first met It was really nice.She was even tempered and very sweet.Things were going really well.The last month has been hell.I can do nothing right for her.Things have to be her way or not at all.She complains about my having an attitude and berates me in public and now she has broken up with me.We have only been together for about three and a half months.She is considered cross addicted,but one drug was crack.I have been noticing mood swings and irritability a lot lately.I don't know If she isn't handling stress well or what.I know she has a lot on her plate to deal with and I am afraid I have been too demanding of her time.Yesterday it was she just needed time and we can come around to it again later.Today she blew up at me and said it was absolutely over.Is this normal for someone early in recovery?She has asked me to change my attitude because I am "smartmouthed" I am very hurt and confused by her actions.I love her an awful lot but I am tired of fighting and always "losing"I want any information anyone can provide.It's like jekyll and hide sometimes.I just want to understand and love her.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Crisinmn--hi, My Boyfriend Also Was Hooked On Crack And Alcohol Also. He Was Also Like Jeckle And Hyde. He Would Start Drinking And Then Pick A Fight With Me, That Was His Excuse To Go And Meet His Crack Buddies. He Was Actually Violent A Few Weeks Ago, He Just Got Out Of Jail This Week. I Am New To All Of This So I Don't Really Know What To Tell You. Go Over To The Nar-anon Board, There Are Alot Of Good Posts On There, There Is A Good One On Page 6 By Troppixx-"found A Good Article About Crack And Loved Ones." Best Of Luck To You. Patty
Old 10-06-2004, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ham

Good Morning!

Sounds like my brother when he used cocaine. My brother is normally a very easy go person too. He would never say a thing to hurt a soul. When he used cocaine it turned him into someone else. His ex fiance' would describe his behavior just as you are about you gf. He has been clean now for 8 months!!! It took several months for his behavior to be the real Mike.

Hope things will improve,

ham
Old 10-06-2004, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Crisinmn; I am a recovering addict/alcoholic, and this is just my opinion, but I feel she may be using again. Projected anger, pushing you away....sorry, but it sounds like she is using. The fact that you have been with her over 3 months and she didn't display any of this until now. I know it's hard , but try not to internalize this. I'm sure its nothing you have done.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome to SR !

Nice to have you hear . My name is Trish and I am an addict. You might want to check out the family and friends forum here there are many who are going thru the same .Prayers to you and your girlfriend . Trish
Old 10-06-2004, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Originally Posted by miraclen2003
You might want to check out the family and friends forum here there are many who are going thru the same .Prayers to you and your girlfriend .
Yes I agree and maybe you can tell your friend to visit this site too (Addicts CAN help eachother)in a way I became confused too by reading your thread because I know love can hurt and I wanted to reply earlier but I thought let others do first..See what they have to say..Anyhow try to talk with her and introduce her to this site..I wish you very good luck and hope I hear later how it went..Love from Stefanie :sleeping1