Notices

New to this recovery thing.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink New to this recovery thing.

Hello. I am 25 female from sunny Australia here, needing to find support and guidance from people going through or have been through a similar situation to myself.

I lost control of my world when I recreationally began using meth 2 years ago. The time spent has been a colourful blur, full of trauma, heartache and the occasional excitement.

I know im bent but im not broken, and I think if I dedicate myself to my recovery and staying sober, I can do it.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome 1dance. You've come to a safe place. I'm not familiar with meth, but I'm sure someone who is will respond.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1dance View Post

meth

The time spent has been a colourful blur, full of trauma, heartache and the occasional excitement.

I know im bent but im not broken
Oh man, does that bring back some memories. I have heard of meth referred to as "the devil's dandruff." When I look back at the way in which it effected my life and my friends lives, I have to agree.

You can as many have, break away and lead a clean and sober life.

Good luck,
M-Bob
Old 10-17-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi 1dance! My poison is different to yours (alcohol rather than meth), but I'm a 25 year old girl too, so I know how weird and lonely the struggle to get sober at this age can be.

Good luck with it and I hope to see you around here.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi 1dance.
You guys get the sun down in Autralia ?
Get yourself to the doctors, get a plan together, change your old habits and friends... i think you know the rest. People have come back from worse. Stick to your commitment, post everyday on SR. Count your days, hours if it helps.
You can beat it !
Old 10-17-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hi 1dance.
You guys get the sun down in Autralia ?
Get yourself to the doctors, get a plan together, change your old habits and friends... i think you know the rest. People have come back from worse. Stick to your commitment, post everyday on SR. Count your days, hours if it helps.
You can beat it !
Sun shines but only when you get outside to appreciate it lol. Plans in motion, I've just sent probably the most difficult email of my life to date to my aunt up in Queensland asking for her support and fessing up to where i have been for the last couple years. She works in mental health for a NFP community organisation so Ive got a good a chance as any at this stage... The balls in my court at this point, now to pack my things, my doggies and what little remains of myself and abort mission Melbourne!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the supportive words.

☮ ✌
Old 10-17-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Oh man, does that bring back some memories. I have heard of meth referred to as "the devil's dandruff." When I look back at the way in which it effected my life and my friends lives, I have to agree.

You can as many have, break away and lead a clean and sober life.

Good luck,
M-Bob
Devils dandruff hey, I like that. Hmm... what are these "friends" you speak of? Theres no honor amongst thieves where im from sadly, I think I've got 1 friend out of the hundreds I've met while being on this ****. Funnily enough, that 1 friend is the only person I know to quit and never look back.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1dance View Post
Devils dandruff hey, I like that. Hmm... what are these "friends" you speak of? Theres no honor amongst thieves where im from sadly, I think I've got 1 friend out of the hundreds I've met while being on this ****. Funnily enough, that 1 friend is the only person I know to quit and never look back.
East San Diego County where I live, thirty something years ago was known as the "meth capital of the world." Many here dabbled with this drug and you would be right, only few escape. But, you can also be one of those.

I was fortunate to have a good job with the City but, not like many of my friends at work who lost their jobs due to meth addiction, I stopped using before all was lost and I'm very grateful to have a nice retirement check coming in eacj month.

My cousin a long time meth user that ended up in prison for many years got clean and sober, ran a recovery group, and recently went back to "the devils dandruff."

When I look around at all of the destruction caused by meth, prostitution, destroyed families, deaths, etc etc it saddens me.

Make the very best at your chance of recovery. Some will never get one.

MB

Meth makes comeback in San Diego, once the 'capital,' officials say ...
articles.latimes.com › Collections › San Diego County

Feb 8, 2014 - To the dismay of San Diego County officials, methamphetamine is making a comeback among local drug users eager for a quick high and drug*...
Old 10-17-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you. I'm proud of you for reaching out to your aunt, she can get you in touch with the resources that you need. You're so young and wise to quit this now. You have the rest of your life in front of you. The world is your oyster.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard 1dance

D
Old 10-17-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum 1dance!!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey 1dance the community is here for you! We are all working to reach greatness and live more healthier lives. I am currently recovering from Alcohol which is the hardest thing I have ever done but I will succeed! I took a long look in the mirror and asked myself is this what I have become, Who and what do I want, am I happy with my life and if I continue use will I ever be happy? We believe in you, JUST DO IT! Hope to see more posts with success coming from you soon!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

1dance - I'm so happy you found us. You never have to feel alone - we all care and want to help.