Notices

Need to be active

Old 10-16-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to be active

I need to be active..I mean. ..I really need to write on this forum..your responses work hard for me...reading also helpt but I really feel the urge for writing or I am afraid it will end like a few months ago when I passed through the SR forums..yep boozing again every few days...Like I said in my last post..I really want to go to a AA group a few vilages away from me but I hope someone can get me from my home and bring me back..Let me try to explain...for 2 years now I live in very small vilage at the other site of Belgium from the city where I was born..a rather big City...I have noone..and only have a phonecall once in a while of a girlfriend wou still lives in that City but most of the time she is drunk too..and there is the neighbour here who is also very creative and supporting me with my drinking problem..she can't bring me cos it is too late for her..and she a allready does a lot for me..I know AA...I have been there and must say that there are a few things there where I don't agree but I think it is also a nice way to meet sober people and get a kind of social life...In my village is only a bakery, a little shop and a pharmacy..The village where the AA meeting is there is even less I think..passed through it with the bus a few Times and there is nothing ...from my village there are only 3 busses a day and I figured out I can get there this monday..but I have to hang more than an our on the street of that village where there is nothing..only houses ,probably I have to take a taxi home but it will be very expensive and it will be maybe good to do one time but ha ging around in a village like that for more than an hour is really not to do in winter time..Yesterday was my first day sober...Reading helps but writing seems rather more interesting for me at the moment..btw..Are there Any sober artists here...This weekend there is something called neighbour by artists In the part of Belgium where I live now..it means Artist open their doors so we can visit them and see what art they make...my neighbour said to me..if you are still sober next year we can do it together...she really supports me a lot but I know I have to get the power out of myself but meeting people who went through the same would do me very good..Anyhow...Today will be a cosy day by the fireplace..embroderie, reading my Stephen King's Under the dome...eating..(cos that was a problem too last weeks..no descent food)and visiting some of the artist in my town...the shop is open until 12 o clock in the midday..but I will pass the two bottles of wine today ...cos I really had enough of that...
Old 10-16-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Comeback - I understand you want to do something definitive for your recovery.

is a bicycle an option perhaps?

D
Old 10-16-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Come,

You are working on staying busy. While AA could be very important, all the info. You are going to get there, you can get here. The f2f is what you will miss.

I am an artist at heart. I play guitar a bit. I like to draw. I have a couple of unfinished books as well.

I would love to see some pictures of your local art. I think there is a way to post them here.

Seems like you have a few folks in your life to spend time w. It is so hard to find quality relationships. But, like they say...to have a friend...be a friend. It works.

I have my son..he mostly stays in his room. And my wife....she sleeps all day cause she works all night. But, we do stuff together all the time. Yesterday, he had a baseball game, got a hair cut, then had some smash burger. I had taco bell.

My wife missed out. Sleeping.

Happy soberiety is all about...Filling our waking moments w activities.

They don't always have to be enjoyable btw. For example...cleaning dog mess in the back yard....not fun.

I make a sober plan....each day. I am not a details guy...so...

For example. For me today. Coffee (my doc), breakfast (I have round steak marinating), tv, computer, laundry, lunch, gym, snack, tv, computer, dinner, tv, computer, bed.

I could easily spend 3 hours at the gym. I am getting in better shape so it is easier to do. Cooking meals and cleaning up usually takes an hour or so. So this really fills the day.

Is this boring? Some of it. My life is boring sometimes.

Great idea Dee...11 miles on a bike is a nice trip and work out.

Stay sober. Keep reading and posting.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Have you called the local AA? They arrange rides to meetings.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do this Comeback!! Great job on Day 1, it all starts from there!!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No going with the bicycle is not an option at all...it's also further then 11 miles..i am looking to go to the other site...it's a city and easier to get there ..and there's more possibility that there are people of my village or a village in the neighbourhood...thanks for your responses...
Old 10-17-2016, 12:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 1! It gets easier.
As one of the other responses said... for me it's all about filling up my time with activities. I had to change my entire night routine (that was the time I started drinking).
The art thing sounds like lots of fun. I love art and have been to something similar. I play guitar and dabble with a little bit of writing. Don't know if that's mainly what you were referencing when you asked though.
Anyways... glad you are here. You can do this.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow...It was great...I went to the AA in the little village by bus and had to hang around in that village for an hour...The second person who arrived heard bout my trouble getting there and back..When she heard where I lived..She told me that she was living just around my corner..So she dropped me home and will pick me up next week..there where 4 people there who live in my village or a village nearby...So my first AA meeting.. (since years) worked out very well...Great...Thanks all for the great support...