Notices

Winslows'way out

Old 10-13-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Winslows'way out

Had a dirty relapse on Tuesday, drank yesterday to get through work, drank today just to get through, I will slay this beast.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

Thanks and God bless
Old 10-13-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Winslow, do you have a plan for how to get past this relapse? Is there something you can add to your recovery plan? I'm glad you're here and posting.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the time is right for a new plan too Winslow. This current one doesn't seem to be doing you much good?

D
Old 10-13-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Winslow, its none of my business, but do you work where alcohol is present? I've been to Vegas "enough".
Old 10-13-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So, do you know what caused the relapse? Any ideas on how you can kick it and get a firm, solid plan back underneath you? You can do this Winslow.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Winslow, I just saw this. Hope to catch up today on our thread.... hang in there
Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

On day 3,no I don't know what caused the relapse, Tuesday started out ok,I exercised,went to work same as usual but around noon the craving started creeping in,I just tried to ignore it wondering what the cause was,started driving home and was thinking of stopping at several gas stations along the way, didn't but then did end up stopping at a gas station that I never go to cuz I knew once I got home I wouldn't go back out but once I bought it, I knew I'd drink it,stupid really, I could've came home and walked, took a nap ,took the emergency antabuse pill I keep In my purse(what for if I don't use it?) I got really sick and drunk off a lesser amount than I'm used to,the next morning I drank at work but I was pretty obvious, I used to be able to hide it very well when I was a daily drinker,came home carried on,woke up Thursday which was supposed to be day one,couldn't get through the shakes so I bought enough just to stop them but my goodness the dehydrated feeling and dry eyes were horrible! Today I was at the grocery store and I seen this poor guy get caught trying to steal a 24- pack of Natural Ice,I just felt pity for him while the clerks were angry and disgusted,nobody understands what a grip this has unless they've gone through it,that's it for now.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thomas,no I don't work around alcohol but it's just so darn thrown in your face and readily available here! People do get sober here though I've met lots
Old 10-16-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic Winslow!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-16-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

There just isn't any light for us on that old road anymore - and I know recovery can be daunting too - last night I was craving wine like crazy and was all alone in my sober, tired, pissed off brain while everyone around me was drinking.

But today was better.

The next time that horrible craving comes on, take the antabuse, come here and post, fight like hell. Blessings to you
Old 10-16-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi winslow

the craving started creeping in,I just tried to ignore it wondering what the cause was,
maybe instead of tryng to work out what the cause is/was, it's better to deal with the immediate problem and reach out at those times and ask for help?

brushing up on and thinking of a few of these tips might help too?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

D
Old 10-17-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 4, was reading the link Dee shared and when she said that she followed a hypoglycemia diet that really hit me,I've had blood sugar issues when sober for awhile now and I think getting it under control will help,gorging on sugar in the evening is only making it worse the next day,also I think it's time to give up smoking for realz and not dink around with quitting anymore! I think smoking and drinking go hand in hand, besides I've had dental issues lately and we all know smoking is horrible for teeth/gums,more later
Old 10-17-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Day 4, was reading the link Dee shared and when she said that she followed a hypoglycemia diet that really hit me,I've had blood sugar issues when sober for awhile now and I think getting it under control will help,gorging on sugar in the evening is only making it worse the next day,also I think it's time to give up smoking for realz and not dink around with quitting anymore! I think smoking and drinking go hand in hand, besides I've had dental issues lately and we all know smoking is horrible for teeth/gums,more later
FYI....Dee is a he.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Haha, I know Dee is a he but CarolD was a she
Old 10-17-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It was CarolDs link Dee shared today has gone by ok,little brain foggy and tired but got through a busy day at work and now watching little g-son,only got close to 7,100 steps on fitbit so maybe I'll work on that too today.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your evening Winslow

D
Old 10-18-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Today is better, I'm tired but it's ok I'm getting plenty of sleep at night, dreams have been weird, mostly about overeating spaghetti of all things,I don't care for spaghetti so what a strange dream 2 nights in a row? Learned today not to put so much effort into fighting the craving feelings,let them float in and float out,if I fight them too much it gives them more power! Trying to be mindful and in the present, accept bad moods and know they pass,trying to work on vits and supps been researching some,I did use a herb called kudzu back in my moderating days and it did work but I remember it giving me headaches and low blood sugar but I might consider it again cuz campral gave me anxiety and I feel like I need something for cravings for a little while
Old 10-18-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Winslow

Do none of the things in Carols cravings link help?

D
Old 10-18-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes they do Dee,just thinking out loud I think