Notices

Update -working plan

Old 10-12-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update -working plan

Hi Fam:

Haven't posted in a while but AV has been talking and I need to work my plan, so I'm posting.

Things have been well. I am under a lot of stress at work but it's manageable. I posted about managing an active alcoholic. She is terrible! She's already being written up. I'm just letting things work themselves out.

I went to a wedding on Saturday and when I approached the bar (at the appetizer area before the dinner) and they did not have any non-alcoholic drinks. I said I would just wait until the dinner. My AV started speaking to me at that wedding saying I could perhaps have a glass of wine when I got home... Nonsense!!!

I'll have 8 months straight in 3 days and there's no way I'm stating over.

I haven't been very active here but I still read everyday. Thank you to everyone who is posting. Reading really helps me.

Alcohol blows! It's not worth that first sip. Not at all!!! Not much else to day, just that im still here and not drinking.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 months. I'm sorry you're having to manage an alcoholic. What does that mean btw?
Old 10-12-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 months and good job in saying "NO" to AV.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay for working your plan, NTT. That's quite a dilemma finding yourself at a function where there's nothing but alcohol to drink!

Recounting your experience, strength and hope beats picking up a drink every time. And it helps the rest of us. I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Congrats on 8 months. I'm sorry you're having to manage an alcoholic. What does that mean btw?
She has a drinking problem(from what I have gathered) and has been accused of showing up drunk and disappearing on the clock. This was before I was managing her. I'm not saying anything about the past. I just point out the things that are done wrong or not done on the job and that's it. Not touching that subject. It's interesting to see her behaviors of denial and deflection accompanied by immaturity. I'm riding it out and doing my job. That's it.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

8 Months is brilliant well done
Old 10-12-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Alcohol blows!

it also sucks!