Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie here....

Well not new to trying to get sober I guess. 30 yr old, male from CA and looking to change my life around. Everyday drinking, always only beer about 12-16 a night and more on the weekends. Im done, liver hurts, been late to work all week, and everyone I grew up surfing with thinks I've moved because they haven't seen me in the water in a very long time. I used to be a 2x a day regular face out there. Its funny how I don't realize that Ive become more in love with throwing em back. Opposed, to what my true passion used to be. I have two young sons and a wife that need their dad around.

Day 1- 5:00 was a bit heavy but new it was coming as I feel the anxiety every day until i throw a few back. 8:46 now and feel like I've kind of gotten over the the "holy ****" am I gonna do this. I was sober for 6 months 5 years ago and for a month and half this summer so i kind of know what to expect.

Heres to getting on the wagon!

PS-Snarly if you see this i can't PM you until I've posted 5x but thanks for checking on me. I hope your still on it!!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Also, a question for anyone to answer. Ive quit drinking several time and have never gotten the shakes. Just nights sweats, anxiety, and bit of depression that subsides after a few weeks. As i am sure a lot of us, I always get scared of quitting like the withdrawals are going to come at any moment. Did anybody else quit with mild symptoms? I never drink in the mornings unless its a mimosa on vacation or something of the sort. Thoughts?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been hard core addicted to booze and mixed with other products at sobering up times with no shakes.

Yet, I have had friends who drank the same as me that would shake in the mornings until they had a couple of drinks.

M-Bob
Old 10-11-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cobber3 View Post
Newbie here....

Well not new to trying to get sober I guess. 30 yr old, male from CA and looking to change my life around. Everyday drinking, always only beer about 12-16 a night and more on the weekends. Im done, liver hurts, been late to work all week, and everyone I grew up surfing with thinks I've moved because they haven't seen me in the water in a very long time. I used to be a 2x a day regular face out there. Its funny how I don't realize that Ive become more in love with throwing em back. Opposed, to what my true passion used to be. I have two young sons and a wife that need their dad around.

Day 1- 5:00 was a bit heavy but new it was coming as I feel the anxiety every day until i throw a few back. 8:46 now and feel like I've kind of gotten over the the "holy ****" am I gonna do this. I was sober for 6 months 5 years ago and for a month and half this summer so i kind of know what to expect.

Heres to getting on the wagon!

PS-Snarly if you see this i can't PM you until I've posted 5x but thanks for checking on me. I hope your still on it!!

Good luck! Just a heads up you can find Snarly in the September thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6168993
Old 10-11-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Cobber. Nice to have you with us.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Cobber

some of us found our withdrawals got worse the longer we were drinkers. That's called alcoholic kindling.

I can't predict what might happen for you or any one else tho

If you're feeling ok, I hope that continues - if you have any concerns see your dr

D
Old 10-12-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Cobber3,

It's me, Snarly.

Welcome to the Sober Recovery (aka SR) forums.

You made my day when I saw your name - unique enough that I remembered you from the first time we met in chat.

Just to humor my pickled brain, your family has members that served in the US Air Force and flew Warthogs? Have you been able to hang with your sober buddy?

Great to see you decided to stay and give sobriety and these forums a chance to help you in your recovery.

This forum and members are a huge part of why I have 22 days sober.
I came here and had major withdrawals and could not think straight.
I set up a thread and introduced myself just as you have done..

Great job on posting this and being so honest.

My thread allowed my to create a safe haven here in Sober Recovery (aka s/r) forums.. I used it as a tool to ramble and vent.. so many posts!

Members were quick to welcome me and responded to my posts regardless of how petty my concerns were.

Please stick around and read the forum posts.. Thank members whose posts you really relate with... remember that all of the content on this site is from members sharing their experience, strength, hope and yes failures and regrets.

Again welcome .... keep coming back

Snarly

ps

s/r is global.. 24/7 someone's always "on" I've met some amazing people
Old 10-12-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Cobber, welcome to SR, it's a great place to be. :-)
Old 10-12-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
Hi Cobber3,

It's me, Snarly.

Welcome to the Sober Recovery (aka SR) forums.

You made my day when I saw your name - unique enough that I remembered you from the first time we met in chat.

Just to humor my pickled brain, your family has members that served in the US Air Force and flew Warthogs? Have you been able to hang with your sober buddy?

Great to see you decided to stay and give sobriety and these forums a chance to help you in your recovery.

This forum and members are a huge part of why I have 22 days sober.
I came here and had major withdrawals and could not think straight.
I set up a thread and introduced myself just as you have done..

Great job on posting this and being so honest.

My thread allowed my to create a safe haven here in Sober Recovery (aka s/r) forums.. I used it as a tool to ramble and vent.. so many posts!

Members were quick to welcome me and responded to my posts regardless of how petty my concerns were.

Please stick around and read the forum posts.. Thank members whose posts you really relate with... remember that all of the content on this site is from members sharing their experience, strength, hope and yes failures and regrets.

Again welcome .... keep coming back

Snarly

ps

s/r is global.. 24/7 someone's always "on" I've met some amazing people

Yup that's me Snarly. Good to hear from you buddy.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Cobber!!