Notices

Out with the old and in with the new

Old 10-11-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out with the old and in with the new

Just realised how much space I have filled on my phone with downloads of old music that I always used to listen / dance too - stuff that I genuinely feel uncomfortable with nowadays, well it's sat there and the thought of it never mind the sound of it fills me with angst so just thought to myself why is it still there ?

Deleted it all, that was a massive part of the old me so emptied it and got rid to fill it with the new and the future.

The calmer more peaceful me that I'm finally settling into and enjoying more and more.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's funny how we associate little things with our ugly past, really good idea to get rid of it!!!
Old 10-11-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel the same about music. Even though Im in my 50s I am was a punk, back in the day, blue hair safety pin through the ear and nose, bondage gear..the lot. I only listen to that music drunk now..I can't stand it when Im not drinking, infact makes me feel a bit sick
Old 10-11-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nothing changes if nothing changes, eh Andy?

As ever, I'm proud of you mate, you're an inspiration to me.

I'll text you later, I have some news 😁!
Old 10-11-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mr

the same for me had and have to get rid of a lot of electro crazy dance stuff. Even now when i think of the happy mondays it makes me chase images from my head. Yuk
Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I spent so many years completely out of it and on another planet in clubs / festivals etc, actually anywhere I ever went - grew up in the 80's in "Madchester" - some of us just carried it on far far too long and never wanted it to end, as someone once said to me though none of it was real - took me a good while to realise that - this is though where I am at right now this is very real and I can honestly say I love it more than any of those other planets !!

Currently sat listening to my new found love of music - classical - The Musical Zodiac by Debra Wiseman - most relaxing.

Look forward to hearing from you Tufty :-)
Old 10-11-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Haha! As I say, onward and upward!

Yesterday morning Facebook presented one of my memories a year ago. It was a song that I posted. Of course, it was one of the nights I was sitting in front of my computer wasted. That's what I did, blared the music and posted songs. I saw that post and I wanted to throw up. In that moment back then I thought I was having a great time. Yesterday all that came to mind were the words dark and dreary. I don't even like that person.

Today I am consistently amazed at how the things I found so boring are the things I find happiness in now. The true joy of simplicity. The world is now anything I want it to be, and it's REAL.

It's true peace. Thanks Andy for reminding me how all this hard work is so entirely worth it.