Notices

Rock Bottom

Old 10-10-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Rock Bottom

After 6 years of binge drinking, I've finally hit bottom. I'm very sick and anxious right now. I was supposed to start a new job tomorrow but I don't think I'll be in any condition to get there. I'm scared and I feel stupid. I'm considering moving back in with my parents to recover and then going from there.

I feel so pathetic right now, and I have nobody to blame but myself. It took me the better part of this year to find a job in my field and as soon as I do, I go on a week long binge and screw it up.

Alcohol has ruined everything in my life. I can honestly say that every problem that I've had in the last 6 years has been linked to my alcoholism. I can't do it anymore.

I apologize for the rant. I just don't know where to turn. I feel like a failure. I've let my friends and family down and I have let myself down.

I'm praying that by some miracle, I will feel healthy enough to get to this job tomorrow and get through the day.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
EndGame

Drink some water and get some sleep. If you're not allergic, and you have no problems with it, take two aspirin.

Unless you're still feeling the effects of alcohol in the morning, or you smell of booze, it might be a good idea to get yourself into work. You'll feel a lot better than if you just dodge your first day, and you'll avoid giving yourself something else to beat yourself up over.

Check in here later in the day when you can, and people will give you all kinds of help and support.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you feel ok enough to go in to work tomorrow. I agree, you'll feel a lot better about yourself if you get yourself through that.

Endgame's advice is good, have some water and aspiring and sleep for now and regroup here when you have the opportunity to.
And hang in there.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Human

I third the aspirin if you take that normally with no problems! Maybe a multi vitamin or b vitamin if you happen to have any or can grab some easily. Water is always a good idea.
Good luck with the job, try to take strength in knowing we are enveloping you in positivity, good vibes and prayers. You are not a failure and this minute is a new one, the next hour is a new hour, and tomorrow a new day. You can do it.
Check in with us and let us know you're okay or if you need a place to vent.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You will get through this! And you can leave it behind you. Never stop! Best of luck!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Plenty of water, food and sleep and hopefully you'll be ok for your new job tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great advice tonight, lots of water and some aspirin if you are able to take it. I agree about getting into work tomorrow if at all possible. Lots of toothpaste and mouthwash in the morning. If there is anyway to fit in even a 20-30 min walk outside it will help clear your mind and lower your anxiety.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow, and make tomorrow hour last day one.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Uh huh. Relating to sabotaging success. Seems some of us work so hard for something and then want to mess it up when it comes within reach. Ive definitely done that.

Welp, cant dwell on that now. The universe is trying to deliver this wonderful opportunity to you, you are deserving! Sober up, get up and get in there and take whats yours! This could be the beginning of a beautiful future!

Best wishes on your journey!
Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mr

Its never too late to turn things around. And there is no such thing as rock bottom if you dont.
Keep posting
See you soon
Old 10-11-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Spaghetti Fan

I can identify a lot with your post - I felt many of the same things.

I thought I was pretty much doomed - I was 40,.. drinker for 20 years...binger, then all day drinker for the last 10.

I had no hope. But this place gave me some - and I ran with it

clean and sober for the best part of a decade now - my life has changed incredibly...and so have I

I'm really glad you've found us

D
Old 10-11-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mr

Great post D.
And thanks !
Old 10-11-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

You're not alone, we all like to sabotage our success. Success removes reasons to drink and who wants that?

I hope you took the suggestions and today goes well for you.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning and good luck today. I too hope you DECIDE to go to work - even the suckiest things can be done. Then, I hope you CHOOSE not to drink- today, when you get home.

Tonight sounds like a perfect time for an AA meeting. Not sure what your first day will be like or how long it will be, but I imagine there will be an after-work amount of hours to fill. Since it sounds like you do have parents who are involved in your life (if you can consider moving in with them), then perhaps today is the absolute perfect time to reach out to them and ask not to be alone right now. It is ok- necessary, really- to take help where we can, especially at the start of getting sober and staying in recovery.

Don't drink- today. Know that we have all been there, in our own way, and ultimately each of us decided to quit for good. You can, too. It will only get worse- even if you can't imagine how, right now- if you keep drinking.

Hope to see you around. Good luck.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck today! I agree, if you are at all able, go to work. A new change of scenery and pace can be good.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, SpaghettiFan!
When I was where you are at now, AA was there for me.

Stopping drinking was frightening but when I got help, life got better.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I hope you were able to get to the new job. Make this your last day one! I second the AA idea - it has really helped me get and stay sober. But do at least come back here and let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
AA Member

welcome spaghetti

your post sounds like a 1st step

youre in a fantastic place with nowhere to go but up!

check out aa

Old 10-11-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How you feeling today spaghetti? I hope you are doing ok and made it to and through your first day. I hope you check in when you can.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum SpaghettiFan!!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi - 60 year old gal here - sober - off the booze and pills almost 9 months. If I can do this - you can! Stay on the path with us.