Notices

3 weeks....question about blackout experiences

Old 10-10-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks....question about blackout experiences

3 weeks sober here and feeling great. have a question about my last blackout. last time i drank i blacked out at a bar. i don't have any idea how long i blacked out for, and what i did during that blackout, but what was different is that i "came out" of the blackout shortly after getting home, even tho i was still drunk. i have absolutely no idea how i got home, but as soon as i got home i found myself wondering how i got there. i blacked out plenty of times but usually didn't remember anything until i was sober. a very scary and embarrassing experience. has anyone else experienced this? what was going on?
Old 10-10-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 3 weeks !

You were drunk is what was going on ;-) There really is no concrete evidence on how blackouts actually manifest themselves. But it's pretty much a given that drinking a lot causes blackouts no matter how long they last or what you do while you are blacked out.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Congrats on 3 weeks !

You were drunk is what was going on ;-) There really is no concrete evidence on how blackouts actually manifest themselves. But it's pretty much a given that drinking a lot causes blackouts no matter how long they last or what you do while you are blacked out.
It's a very terrifying thing. I've had blackouts where I act completely "normal" (so I'm told) and then there's blackouts where I'm barely a functional human being. Either way they're scary, destructive, and always caused much embarrassment and humiliation. Never again!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have heard stories of people in blackouts 'waking up' mid evening, or in a different city, or with a group of people. I usually pass out as part of my blackout so I usually wake up in my bed wondering what day it is. Nice!

What's going on? Well I'm guessing you drank a lot, really fast, blacked out. Then maybe as your BAC lowered you came to, even though you were still technically drunk.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Congrats on 3 weeks !

You were drunk is what was going on ;-) .
doesn't get any simpler than this.