Notices

Rough morning

Old 10-10-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough morning

Saturday afternoon I cleaned my house! Bathrooms, swept, mopped, vacuumed, washed windows, dusted, laundry. I even folded the laundry and put it away! I was so tired. I went to bed at 9:00. I don't ever go to bed that early.

But Sunday morning I woke up a 3:00!! Oops. Yesterday was nice, beautiful and calm. I went grocery shopping, did a few things around the house and then played my guitar.

I woke up this morning at 3:00 again and my anxiety is really bad for some reason. Once it gets light outside I might go for a long walk or something. I decided to post here to get my mind off of it! Thank for listening.

Day 16 for me!

Tina
Old 10-10-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on making it to day 16! Sorry to hear of your anxiety. Nothing seems to go as well when your sleep cycle is off, especially Mondays. Hope you get a chance to enjoy a walk. Thanks for posting!
Old 10-10-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi, well done on day 16.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 16. Sleep patterns suck at first. Maybe try melatonin if your dr. says its ok? It might not put you out but its supposed to help regulate sleep cycles.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Relating. My sleep was all over the place in the beginning too. One thing I will say is when I slept, it was really deep and refreshing unlike when I was drunk and just passed out.

I figured it was just part and parcel and just rolled with it. If I woke up Id come downstairs, read a little, drink some water etc. Get sleepy, go back to bed for a couple hours. If you're like me, it will get better with time ( I think mine improved at about one month sober).
Old 10-10-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not sleeping... it can be so unsettling, can't it? I have been using melatonin for some time now - as Frick said, it isn't a knockout but it certainly does help.

You have 16 days. How awesome is that?!?!?

Congratulations Mystary!
Old 10-10-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 16 days! Waking up in the middle of the night can be frustrating. My sleep definitely improved after. While, although I still deal with insomnia from time to time.

I hope you have a wonderful walk, and a good start to the week.

❤️ Delilah
Old 10-10-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 16. I did the same thing off and on for a month before settling down. It will get better.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I went for a 2 mile walk as the sun was rising. The sky was so beautiful, so blue. When I got home my Aunt called and she needed some items from the store. I went and picked up her items and visited her for a few hours...

Oh, I feel so much better now. Its so nice outside! I might even go pull some weeds. Thanks everyone!

Tina

Last edited by Mystary; 10-10-2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: errors...lol
Old 10-10-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ooona View Post
Relating. My sleep was all over the place in the beginning too. One thing I will say is when I slept, it was really deep and refreshing unlike when I was drunk and just passed out.

I am so tired in the evenings I go to bed too early. I don't have any problem falling asleep. But then I wake up way too early!

I sleep really deep too. I don't think I even move during the night.