Notices

Just a question, jogged by another person's post.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a question, jogged by another person's post.

Who lost their mind?, Haha, no seriously... A while back I attend a AA meeting that I *thought* was the first time I been to that location.

I walk in and a few people said hi to me and asked me how I been doing. A few added that they remember me from years ago. I told them it's my first meeting at this AA group, that they must have me confused with somebody else. Still a few insisted that I attended regularly there for awhile years back. That they even remembered my name!

HONESTLY, I have no memory of EVER being there before that night.

So, is it me that is having a MAJOR memory problem or is it a mix up on their part?

I mean, if they said, I remember you, you use to come at a time pretty loaded, it would make sense to me better.

Or if they said, you seem as you were always drinking the night before.

But none of them said that.

Does anybody know what's going on, if anything?
Old 10-09-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always think that just because I don't remember something, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What do you make of the incident?

I have the theme tune to The Twiligt Zone as an ear worm after reading that. :-)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

one thing that is for sure in my case is that my memory is playing all kind of tricks on me since I last quit drinking (day27 today).

I don't trust my memory right now one bit.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Currently?, Idk what to make of it. I mean I have had for at least a month before sober but still was having black outs throughout the day (I call them sober blackouts) but, what is strangly odd is that I supposely went for *a time period*, which to me seems like I'd remember at least being there before *sometimes* , but I truly remember nothing of the sort. Anyway, that's why im asking here. Idk what to make of it. Before I thought that they were out of their mind
Old 10-09-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It probably doesn't matter so much really. Sounds like they were a friendly bunch, just roll with it and keep working towards your goal.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, so nothing to be concerned about, *today*? Although im not attending that meeting currently, because that meeting is in another town so I don't attend there often anymore since I currently can't drive nor do I have a car anymore, my ex decided to steal it , but that's a different story.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lexilynn, I'm not sure if you were having blackouts then or not. But, stick to working on staying sober and recovering and you will be fine. Once you get some sober time, if you are still having blackouts, then you will know to talk to the dr.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok.