Notices

New Facebook Friends?

Old 10-09-2016, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Facebook Friends?

Hi, I'm Juno11 (not my real name... haha).

I've been around the forum for a while and finally feel good and have my footing. I have a lot of stress in my life and have used alcohol to relieve it, but of course found that it just ends up causing more stress and sickness....I get sick very easily when I drink and have come to realize it's not an option, EVER. I LOVE being sober. I use this wonderful site (and my Oct. 2015 group) and SMART Recovery face to face meetings. I am lucky to have a lot of support.

I'm starting up Facebook again and am looking to expand my friendships to around the globe and also progressive minded folks in the US If anyone is interested in a FB connection, please PM me. If that is against the rules, that's okay. Just wanted to say hi and connect a bit!
Old 10-09-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Juno11 and welcome . Not sure about FB
Old 10-09-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Juno, glad you're sober and doing well.

I don't do fb, but if I did.....

Stay happy :-)
Old 10-09-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

No its not against the rules to do it that way Juno

D
Old 10-09-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Thomas59 and Tufty13! Nice to meet you both.

I lived in the UK for two years (in my 30's) and miss it quite a lot. Nice to meet you both.

And thanks, Dee, for responding!

Yes, I'm doing well right now. On the right track and making a lot of changes in my life including changing my outlook, accepting a lot of things that just "are" right now, and practicing more patience everywhere I go including even little things like getting stuck in traffic, behind a car going slowly, whatever! I have to catch up on work today but am hoping to get some exercise in as well because that is what has been missing from my recovery plan. Anyway, feeling pretty good at day something or other.... (over 10 now I think!)
Old 10-09-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Juno11 , I commute 14 miles to work through Edinburgh city centre 4 times a week and this is one of my biggest challenges . I try to stay calm ,make allowances but nearly every time my journey ends I am a sore all over with tension . I am of course the best driver on the road , everyone else is too slow too fast too stupid haha .
Old 10-09-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

I also don't bother with Facebook but I've found making real friends by attending AA meetings has made all the difference in the world to me. Good luck on your quest for friends.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Juno, I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry, I had a Facebook for 2 whole days , then deleted it. I just signed up to get a hold of somebody on the other side of the globe since I lost his #. But I don't like Facebook, sorry. I deactivated yesterday.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thomas59 - I can relate! I live in the metropolitan DC area, and the traffic can be a huge challenge. My commute to work is less than 5 miles and sometimes it can take an hour (usally about 30 min though)! Let's try to stay calm and not let this rattle us. Actually, the last time I drank which was on Sept. 28th I was in a bad state due to a huge fight with my son followed by some woman yelling at me because I was in her way (my car). Got to have some coping techniques...

hellrzr: I understand what you are saying. I have actually made some real quality friendships at my SMART meetings. I was away for a while and didn't realize anyone missed me, and when I came back people were genuinely happy to see me. What a great feeling.

Anna: Thank you so much! That means a lot. I feel good right now and want to keep doing the right things going forward to maintain my sobriety. When you are sober, you can deal with the other things sooooo much better!

Lexilynn: I can relate. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I have deactivated my account for months and weeks at a time. I'm trying again with a more upbeat focus and trying to document the fun things that I do more than anything. But I do understand that feeling.

Thanks for the replies
Old 10-09-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll be your Facebook friend Juno
Old 10-09-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yay Winslow! Will send you a PM.