Notices

getting better

Old 10-04-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

getting better

Hi all, I wanted to check in. I've been reading sr for hours, all day yesterday and today as much as possible. I've begun the healing process of my latest bender. I've started eating again. I still feel really teary and the slightest thing on tv makes my cry. Its amazing how over time it takes longer and longer to regain composure after a feed of drink. I actually feel like a human being today lol. Yesterday, I thought the world was ending. Actually, I hoped it would. I still don't have a clear cut plan but I am reading about different recovery plans and trying to see what would work best for me. One thing I know is I have to stay away from my major triggers,which for me are ppl who make me really want to drink. I go back to work Thursday and I think that will really help also. Thank you to everyone who reached out yesterday I really helped alot. Moving on to day 4!!
Old 10-04-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Also just to clarify I don't blame my friends for my drinking its just they have their own alcoholic tendencies which is not what I need to be surrounded by while trying to give up drinking. I know I ultimately make my own decision to drink or not but its alot easier to say yes when someone shows up at the front door with 2 bottles of wine. So I feel right now as I try to navigate through life sober being surrounded by sober ppl will work best for me.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with you as well moving into day 4. I'm feeling better everyday. Let's hang in there together.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice, congrats on your day 4. Equilibrium approaching here too.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I understand. I have to avoid certain people also which has been crutial in my sobriety. Do what's best for you! Hang in there