psychosis

Old 10-04-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

psychosis

Well, after a week or two stepson relapsed and hard. Currently in the hospital.
Total nightmare. Crystal meth binge, up for days, running into traffic, broke into his friends house and they found him naked in the kitchen. That kind of nightmare.
Psychotic. suicidal. cops everywhere. child found him passed out on the way home from school.
He was brought to the hospital, where he soon fell asleep, but they wont keep him there once he wakes up today.
He had two needles on him when found, but claimed he wasn't using.

You know, you keep thinking that it can't get any worse. And then, then it does.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear about your Stepson, Sephra.
If he is suicidal why isn't the hospital keeping him? I just know that if someone is suicidal they do that here. It's called a form one.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He is very lucky to be alive after a run like that. Perhaps the hospital will hold him longer or encourage him to go to detox...he obviously has a serious problem that makes him a danger to himself and others.

What drugs does to our loved ones just breaks our hearts. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a wakeup call for him.

Keeping you all in my prayers.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know why the hospital wont keep him when he is clearly threatening suicide. I also don't know why the cops don't seem to care that he had the needles. We live in a relatively small town which is overrun with drug problems. The fact that he is 25 and not a minor also plays in as they can't keep him against his will. We are trying to involuntarily commit, but not sure if it will come through. The hospital he is currently at is not a good one.
But, BUT right now he is safe, and so are those around him.
I've seen him sleep off a meth binge before and don't expect him to be up anytime soon. I don't know how it will play out when he wakes up. God its such a mess. Husband took video of him yesterday at the hospital. It broke my heart watching it. sick to my stomach. scared. awful.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your pain. Meth is horrible! Sending you good thoughts, for what it's worth.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

They are releasing him from the hospital. he is refusing help.
I thought we would have more time of him sleeping it off.
There's no way he is clear yet.
husband is heading to the hospital and plans on picking him up. Not sure what then.
I am scared, so scared of how this will play out.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sephar,
I'm sorry you are going through this. No words of advice but thinking about you. I know dealing with step-children is hard. I'm in the middle of a mess with one of mine right now. I hate the conflict it causes between me & my husband. Keeping you in my thoughts!
Jaeger

Last edited by Jaeger; 10-04-2016 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 10-04-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your Stepson, Sephra.
If he is suicidal why isn't the hospital keeping him? I just know that if someone is suicidal they do that here. It's called a form one.
You would think so, but it wasn't the case in my experience, either. When my then-2-year old son ingested one of my ex's oxy's and was hospitalized, my ex went around telling all of the hospital staff that he was going to kill himself because he felt so guilty. Police arrived and questioned me about whether he had any guns. I was so relieved! He'd been irresponsible with storing his guns so many times, and I thought this was finally it- that they'd be removed from my home. But then it turned out that some of the officers were old buddies of my ex, and they vouched for his character. Yes, this man who was suicidal, who had nearly caused his son to die due to his carelessness, and whose wife just revealed he is also careless with guns and has left them within his children's reach- was simply allowed to go home. A threat to himself and his children, but all is well! Carry on.

I really don't understand what these people are thinking sometimes.

But enough about me...

Sephra, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. This situation was clearly mishandled and your stepson was not given the help he needs. Here's hoping he will soon.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, he slept all of yesterday. I heard him up about midnight or so. And he was still sleeping when I left for work this morning.
I tried to talk to husband about a plan. He has none, other than the gf is not allowed at the house. I think we should push for rehab. He thinks he is on the right path, just a slip and that we just need to support him. I ask what is different this time, then the numerous times in the past year. There are no answers. I brought up the fact that a month ago, he walked out on me, even though I was doing my best to cope with this and I am afraid I will go through all this just to have him walk again. Really no answer to that one either, because there is none, other than to trust.
It comes down to, he will continue to try to support his son, and will get an apt. if need be for the two of them.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm so sorry Sephra. Prayers out for all of you.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So sorry, Sephra. Your husband seems to be in deep denial. It's so unfair that the boundaries you set up not too long ago for your sanity and safety are being pushed aside. Please keep working your own recovery program.

I hope you get some peace soon.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sad, scared of what will happen, and sort of resigned. There is no good in any of this.
I'm also angry that I am the bad guy, and the addict has no responsibility, no accountability.
I'm tired of walking on eggshells and not hurting his feelings because it might push him away. Suggesting rehab is going to push him away? Well supporting him through this mess and NOT pushing it hasn't helped at all.
In fact, each time he has lived with us, he has moved out worse off than when he came, and it certainly isn't from lack of us trying.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So sorry sephra for what you are going thru hugs to you! Denial is so hard we think we are helping keeping them close to us but it doesn't Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome...................I hope your husband listens to reason and tells him rehab or out of our house.................Please keep coming back it has helped me thru many struggling times.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Sephra,

I am sorry to hear about your stepson. I know how frightening and equally frustrating it can be. I hope you and your husband can stay united in how you handle the next crisis, because there will likely be a next crisis.

My stepson is in currently in the hospital for alcohol and heroin. His liver is not functioning properly, he is lethargic and incoherent. He may not make it this time. There have been many times before.

Once thing I do believe is that as long as there is life, there is hope for recovery. I have that hope for your stepson and mine.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Sephra,
I do not post much but, am here reading almost everyday.

All I can add is when we were going through HELL with our AS and I was so tired of the Roller Coaster.......
Zoso said, "then, get off"......it really hit me hard and so we did. I know it's a lot different when it is not your son but, a stepson but, it still applies.

Get off the Roller Coaster. I guess what I am saying if it means your safety, sanity then you need to tell DH that you can no longer live like this. He needs to STOP enabling........

When you no longer feel safe in your own home and there is constant eruption, then something needs to happen.

Prayers for you and prayers for strength..
Old 10-06-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone. Your life must matter Sephra. I pray your SS learns something this time. I too was the one who kept opening up the door, only to see the same or worse result each time. We enablers are conditioning our addicts to continue to act out because there are no consequences.

Seren, I am so sorry to hear about your step son. Praying for your peace and y our step sons health.
Hugs
TT
Old 10-07-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, I did the only thing I knew to do. I sat down with ss last night and laid it out for him as gently as I could, that I think he needs help. I offered to take the day off of work and bring him down to explore options.
Currently, I am at work and he is sleeping. So I guess that tells you how it goes.
He thinks he just needs a place to get clean, and I guess he thinks dads is the place to do it.
Dad thinks I am pushing him and we need to handle him with kid gloves.
I am not part of the team, but an outsider doing things wrong. I pointed out that less than a month ago I was doing the best I could and he still walked and now I am just waiting for it to happen again. He told me to call the counselor. Ugly morning. So he can agree and be on board with the counselor and come home and do the opposite? And I'm paying for it?
A week ago we were locking our house up like fort knox so this kid wouldn't break in, and now I'm supposed to kiss him goodnite and not worry that he is here. Flip flop flip flop.
But hey, according to ss, I really shouldn't be that worried, it's not the meth he really likes its the heroin. Cause that makes it better? WTF.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Hello Sephra,

I am sorry to hear about your stepson. I know how frightening and equally frustrating it can be. I hope you and your husband can stay united in how you handle the next crisis, because there will likely be a next crisis.

My stepson is in currently in the hospital for alcohol and heroin. His liver is not functioning properly, he is lethargic and incoherent. He may not make it this time. There have been many times before.

Once thing I do believe is that as long as there is life, there is hope for recovery. I have that hope for your stepson and mine.

I pray for you and your stepson. hugs to you always, you are always such a support on this site to everyone. in my prayers
Old 10-11-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

well, its been a week with ss at the house.
No looking for work,no talk of rehab.
Last night stepdaughter showed up accusing him of stealing stuff, came in and looked for stolen ****, while her junkie boyfriend caused a scene in the driveway, looking to fight with ss.
Totally out of control. I finally got him off the property. But no resolution to the situation.
No sleep again. Cant live this way, unfortunately.
Apparently we have to have a discussion tonight and I get to lay it out. Because I am not letting adults dictate my life as if falls apart when they have no responsibility and aren't willing to come up with a plan.
I am so so sad and done.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sephra....who is "we"....your husband, his son....or both?

Remember, if you are going to state boundaries...you need to be committed to enforcing them...and, meaning what you say....

There does come a time when you just have to bite the bullet and do what you know that you have to do....