Notices

Itchy with a very horrendous taste in my mouth

Old 10-03-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Itchy with a very horrendous taste in my mouth

Itchy with a very horrendous taste in my mouth- things seem to be going from bad to worse has anyone had experiences with this incredibly bad - taste does it go away as well - this is day four in which I seem to be getting put through a sensory wringer -
Old 10-03-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you should go to the doctor or hospital. There may be something serious going on.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi paul, Welcome to SR

I think bad taste is pretty normal - poison coming out and all that. I don't know though and none of us can give medical advice. I do think it would be a good idea to see your doc though. Get him to check you over.

Keep posting
Old 10-03-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At Day 4 I was feeling pretty rough Paul, the body needs to adjust physically, mentally and emotionally, there's no quick fixes when the body begins to deal with not having what it has always had for so long in alcohol.

But if things get really bad, do stay safe and check in with a Dr!!

You can do this!!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes - thanks I think you are correct but to be honest in the first instance I need to get a new doctor which usually takes some organising the last time I saw my doctor he suggested that I buy vodka by the case rather than by the bottle as this would save some money ie given that my life is going down the tubes and my financial situation is getting more dire by the minute - how caring of him - do - this cost my liver another 40 bottle of vodka at least - advice which was not cheap before I finally got to this point again - looking at addressing this problem - but yes I will get some one from the medical profession who maybe is a little bit more knowledgeable or for that matter professional thanks again Paul 50 ��

Last edited by Paul50; 10-03-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-03-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you get to the ER Paul or a walk in place? Sorry I'm in UK don't know how medical stuff works in Aus.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had the itching and read it had to do with the liver. Itching and bad taste in the mouth releasing toxins in the body. My skin also broke out. Alcohol affects every part of the body. Healing..it's all good.
Epsom salt baths are soothing and draw out toxins helping with itching but don't overdo it. Google recommendations.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Paul, it was recommended to me to brush my teeth, tongue, and inside of my cheeks *many* times a day.

A check up with a doctor sounds like a good idea as well.

Good luck & Hugs!
Old 10-03-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I get a bad taste, at the end I'd also get it from drinking too much. It's starting to subside now on day 21.

Talking to the Dr never hurts!
Old 10-03-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It is common, your body will get rid of the poison any way it can, and often times it's through your skin and breath to make for some wonderful aromas (gag)
Old 10-03-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, I also suggest not drinking over the alcohol taste but rather check yourself into a hospital for detox, *if needed*.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am on Day 9 of my first ever sobriety.

Drank heavily (mainly light beers) since the mid 90s.

First week of sobriety I can only say I had a sherbet type taste in my mouth most of the time and the craving for alcohol was quite intense. The taste and the craving have both subsided a bit.

I tend to drink cranberry juice of an evening to cope with the monotony of not holding an ice cold bottle of beer if that makes any sense.

My main reason for my sobriety is my lovely wife who has stuck with me through thick and thin. I realised that I have had more of a relationship with the bottom of a glass this millennium than my wife.

Stick at the sobriety... It's hard I know but I think I am just edging through the final initial phase of dependancy.

I took the wife on a nice day out in the countryside yesterday. We went for long walks in the sunshine and sat and had a lovely meal and for the first time ever that I can remember I had a tomato juice with Worcester sauce instead of a beer.

Take that scenario back ten days and I would have had two cans of light beer before we even left the house and probably one in the car en route followed by one before the meal, one during and one after.

I am a stubborn bastard with myself and I have started to regain my will power and self belief.