Notices

6th Day

Old 09-30-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6th Day

Thank you all for your words of welcome and wisdom. It's been 6 days since my last drink. The major symptoms panic, fear, dizziness and tremors have subsided. I still wake-up feeling anxious, a little shaky and the anxiety gets worse as the day wears on. It was so bad last night I could have had a drink just to ease it, but I knew a drink would only take me back to square one. I feel itchy all the time and have an annoying nervous eye twitch. Otherwise I feel fine! I finally got round to telling my husband I have stopped drinking. He looked disappointed, he thinks I will be okay if I just have a break for a few weeks and then just have the occasional drink. He doesn't know how bad I was (I hid it along with all the bottles). We have a few family celebrations coming up, son's and husband's birthday and I'm worried about the pressure. He seems to be okay drinking every night and I don't think he understands how frightened I am of picking up one drink. 6 days ago I thought I could die and no-one would know why. I'm finding fear is a big motivator. I also read the forums everyday and find all the inspiration I need right here.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on 6 days

Educating our spouses can be a full time job, mine doesn't drink but still thinks it might be possible for me to drink one day. Stay strong and don't be temped.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice job!
Old 09-30-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I had to educate my spouse too which basically meant I had to be completely honest about the whens, wheres and how muches I was drinking.

Once he knew the whole story he got on board with the idea of complete and total sobriety.

Im glad I did because him thinking I could drink eventually could have been just the 'excuse' I needed to partake and slide right back down into the rabbit hole.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job on day 6 keep on keeping on brother
Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

Old 09-30-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 6 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 09-30-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 6 Shazam

It would be nice if we all had support from our loved ones, but often that's not the case.

It's why places like SR exist tho - you'll always find support here

I was scared too - deathly scared - but you'd be surprised at how soon that wears off.

Now's maybe a good time to think of a longer range plan and how you'll stay sober for good?

D
Old 09-30-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Shazam, it's really hard for others to understand the pull of addiction. You know how you feel and what you need to do, so stay strong and do the right thing for yourself and your family.