XAH had a heart attack

Old 09-25-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

XAH had a heart attack

Had I not talked to the hospital and confirmed he was there, I would have assumed xAH's sister was being her usual lying, melodramatic self...

Im not sure what to believe, and I don't actually care that much what has happened to him but I do care, for my kids sake, about the cause of this and whether he had drugs/alcohol in his system that led to it...

Anyone have experience with trying to get medical records as part of a proving someone to be unsafe to be with their kids sort of case?

I am willing to bet my life on the fact that this was a drug related incident and not a "stress induced due to the chaos you are causing him WTBH" as I was told by his enabler psychotic sister...

Im feeling a mix of a lot of things right now, but mostly, annoyance, that his crap choices in life have once again raised a need for me to worry for my kids safety-- as if I did not have a million reasons to worry for their safety already, now it seems he's collapsing left and right and having heart issues "out of the clear blue, but for the stress you cause him" (another classic line from cuckoo SIL.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just wanted to give you your children ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).

I do doubt very much that you can get any of the medical records.

More ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 09-25-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I just wanted to give you your children ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).

I do doubt very much that you can get any of the medical records.

More ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
I am thinking of asking for a motion to compel him to produce them-- his "medical crisis" coming a week after he falsely called the police and they are investigating him, and two weeks after yet another failed breathalyzer, makes me highly suspicious of the roots of the medical crisis...

If nothing else, the court will be aware that I have concern for the welfare of my kids and if they want to be the ones to gamble with letting an active addict earn back driving and overnights, that'll be on them...

I think I have a compelling argument for why he needs to produce the records, but I am also aware enough of the whole HIPPA privacy stuff to know that I probably don't have a leg to stand on....
Old 09-25-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Human

A lawyer will have more information on how to go about that, I would believe.
But it's very smart to cover your bases now, make noise on behalf of your kids, start letting the system know you're serious about this and it needs to be looked into. Sending prayers for you both, and the kiddos,
Old 09-25-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Usually the only time a privilege like that is waived (physician-patient) is when he's put his health "at issue" in the case--e.g., if he were to claim he can't pay support as ordered due to his medical problem. And even then, disclosure would probably be limited--to the fact that he had a heart attack and has been ordered not to work. You probably wouldn't be entitled to his whole medical history.

I mean, you should talk to your lawyer, but I seriously doubt you could get them. And the thing is, men his age have heart attacks. It's HIGHLY doubtful that his doctor would be able to attribute it to a drug/alcohol issue, unless he actually OD'd or something, where it was a direct cause. Certainly drugs and alcohol mess with your health and increases the risk, but I'd be careful about appearing to exploit his heart attack in court. That could backfire.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just sending you hugs, friend. Crazy how the enablers just keep blaming! Sorry to hear this but really, not surprising given his track record. I agree with the others.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you sure it was even a heart "attack"? Just because he is hospitalized doesn't mean it was a heart attack.

My AXH had a heart episode when we were about 37ish. His heart rhythm got all screwy and fast and would not slow down. They had to take him from his work to the hospital in an ambulance, where they ended up sedating him and applying the paddles to reset the heart beat. It was near Christmas and the hospital staff said it wasn't a common thing, but not unheard of and that they call it "holiday heart" as they usually see it during the holidays when people are stressed and over indulging. Alcohol,caffeine and stress being the main causes. He had far too much of all those tings at the time. (Truth is, he still does) For a while he acted all heart healthy cutting animal fats, salt, caffeine, taking his vitamins...all so he wouldn't have to stop drinking , which I am sure you all know was likely the biggest cause of this having happened to him. The night before he had consumed copious amounts of vodka mixed with cola and still smelled of alcohol when I got there to bring him home.

I hope your lawyer can help you use this latest medical crisis your X had to help keep your children safe.

I also hope for your kid's sake that this is an eyeopener for him and he starts treating his body with more respect.

Big Hugs!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i too have to agree it would be quite the stretch to connect his "heart" whatever to drug use to being an unfit parent. i think instead i'd step back and let things play out as they will. more will be revealed.