Day one in the morning (nearly 1am UK)

Old 09-24-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one in the morning (nearly 1am UK)

NO valid excuses - work stress, if you really want one

See you all in a few days - too embarrassed to come back tomorrow x x x
Old 09-24-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

But do come back Zanna. We all need support to stay sober, and SR is here for you. I understand the embarrassment, but don't disappear when you may need the support most.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Never be embarrassed with us, Zanna. MissPerfumado is right - these are the times we really need each other. Most of us have done the very same thing. Glad you posted about what happened. You will rise above this.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kind thoughts to you, Zanna, and a welcome any time
Old 09-24-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Come here even if you don't feel like it, as you need the support and we are here to give it.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fgo

Zanna,
I understand, glad you posted. Please comeback when your ready, or a lot sooner.
We are here for you.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Zanna, please don't be embarrassed to come back. I know that isolation can be dangerous. Please come back - you are amongst friends and we all understand.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Zanna. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Tomorrow is another day. Take care of yourself. We hope to see you soon.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your relapse Zanna,

SR is a big part of my life now and even though I don't feel like drinking coming here regularly is a big part of my routine now,

My post count has risen significantly over the last 3 months and I'm sure that it's no coincidence that I'm now coming up to 3 months dry,

Don't be embarrassed to post, that's what the forum is for.

Bruno.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Zanna,

Please don't be embarrassed. The progress you have made the last few weeks is still meaningful and the lessons you learned are still there.

Have a think about what happens and make sure next time you have an action plan, we're here to help.

P
Old 09-25-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Catch 22

Sleep it off, rest, relax, drink lots of water and a couple paracetamol. Every sober day you had under the belt counted.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs, Zanna. I know how you feel, but just have courage and talk to us. We love you.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You're always welcome here Zanna, don't let embarrassment get in the way, we're all in your corner!!
Old 09-25-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey zanna, just posted to you in the A Team thread-didn't realise you'd started this!

Please don't be embarrassed! This is tough, you're fighting, where is the embarrassment in that? It's pretty darned admirable to if you ask me! A lot can change in a few days and for the better! You can learn from this, tweak your plan, figure out where the little voice conned you it would be a good idea to drink again. That little voice fools a lot of people, but just because we get fooled doesn't make us fools! The real fool doesn't realise they've been fooled!!! Ok "fool" is beginning to lose meaning now I've said it so much! Hopefully you catch my drift.

I'm only on Day 5 again myself, but we're still coming on here, trying our hardest. I hope you come back soon. My thoughts are with you, we can beat this.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Zanna - we're here for you... and the A-team still has your back. You slipped, but I know you can get back up again. It does NOT cancel out all of the progress you've made... please know that. You have come so far.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you all SO much for your posts and pm's. I wanted to reply yesterday, but you all had me in floods of tears with how kind you are.
I'm back (according to my phone app) to 1day 7 hours and 58 mins, and have been very lucky in that (so far), no nasty withdrawals to speak of.
Today, I'm going to be making the phonecalls that I should have made on Friday - lots of personal rubbish going down and the calls would have given me a much better weekend that the drinking did.
Thanks again x I will never forget how kind you all are and will make more of an effort to support you all too.
Hugs to all!
Shields (back) UP!

Z xxx
Old 09-26-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good work, Zanna. Sounds like you are starting the week strong! Hope your job stays as stress free as possible.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back. Day 19 for me here, but its not the first time I've tried/failed. Keep trying, keep posting and reading, we can all beat this. Lots of people on here seem to haver so we can too.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad you are still here. Today is back to day 1 for me - we CAN do this x
Old 09-26-2016, 02:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you again x If anyone is tempted to think 'Zanna slipped and is fine, so I'll have a sneaky one - please don't! Zanna is not as fine as she's making out - it's non-stop dashes to the loo, meaning I can't go anywhere as I would need to drive. It's looking 10 yrs older, dull hair, dry skin, bloated abdomen etc etc.
To think I had got rid of all those. Life is way to short, to have to waste 5-10 days, getting it all back!

Virginia - we'll do this together Hang in there x x x