Just a random update

Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a random update

AH has been sober for 23 days. It's been really nice. I'm still kinda jumpy, I still sleep with the car keys, still insist I drive every where we go. I'm trying to relax but I can't. My therapist said it'll be awhile before I will stop being hyperaware.

I went out of town for 4 days for job interviews and I'm pretty sure I got the one job I REALLY want. It might just be wishful thinking but they called me back the next day asking me to come by and meet the VP before my flight. AH is elated that we will be moving to his home state, it's where we've been wanting to move for soooooooooo long. I'm super excited for this move, closer to both our families. No 600.00/month daycare bill. Lower standard of living, lower taxes. But my salary will remain the same :-)

He went to the appointment and a second appt. I was actually surprised-I didn't think he'd go. The doctor gave him some meds that made him extremely jittery (he didn't tell me about them) He began behaving erratically and the next day I asked him if he had been drinking. Unfortunately, it caused a fight. IDK why I asked. He apologized later, I guess when he went back to the therapist he talked to him about it and he told me the therapist said "You've been sneaking around and drinking and lying to her about it for years, you expect her to trust you after just 19 days?"

I guess sometimes you need a 3rd party to tell you you're being an A-hole.

So anyway that's how things are going.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The move and job sound great alwayscovering! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I feel ya on the day care bills! How nice will it be to not have to pay that?!

I understand the sleeping with the car keys and being hyper aware....
I felt that way too when my now Separated AH was dry for nine months.
Even now that he's been gone from my home for many months, I still have moments where I feel panicky because I left my car keys in the car, or my wallet out on the counter, or when I hear a truck that sounds like his....
I don't know if that will ever go away completely for me...

Big Hugs!!!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! Hope the job and move work out. That would be great to be closer to family.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That sounds like good things are happening for you all. I wish the best for both of you.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by alwayscovering View Post

My therapist said it'll be awhile before I will stop being hyperaware.

I guess when he went back to the therapist he talked to him about it and he told me the therapist said "You've been sneaking around and drinking and lying to her about it for years, you expect her to trust you after just 19 days?"

I guess sometimes you need a 3rd party to tell you you're being an A-hole.
This. I mean, if my stepson finally got sober, it would still take me a while before I would ever invite him to my house or trust just about anything he said.

Congratulations on the job prospect!! I really hope it comes through for you