Notices

Back again, just couldn't keep my commitment

Old 09-19-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again, just couldn't keep my commitment

Hi everyone. I couldn't do it. I was not strong enough. I was drinking weekly for the past month or 2. My triggerfor drinking was I go to a gym and I found bed bugs on my gym bag after leaving the gym. Now I already hate the city I live in so the bed bug thing just made it worse.

I have been on here for a while and then yesterday I went out for a drive. When I came home and fell asleep ( passed out). Well my Dad told me off about driving drunk and stuff, 1/2 hr lecture. I feel really bad. Truth is I didn't really drink all that much, like 2 shots? Guess I was hungover from the day before or something. I don't want to live like this

I just want to be happy and live a normal life. I feel like my unhappiness of living in a town I don't like has really made me become a negative person. I just want to be happy and not feel lonely. Please help me get to my happy place.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The only way alcohol helps a bed bug problem is if you pour it on them and light it on fire......but you now know that
Old 09-19-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by whopper View Post

Please help me get to my happy place.
just my experience

for me to get sober and less unhappy has required a plan of action

not thinking or trying

meetings
sponsor
steps
service
higher power

God bless

Old 09-19-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are back today. I'm sure your dad seemed like he was lecturing but you could have hurt yourself or someone else driving after drinking.

Last week there was a 50 year old man driving drunk with his two kids in the car, he killed two other people and was currently in the hospital. The week before there were two other DUI incidents on the news. It is sad to see how many lives were ruined due to that choice.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted and hopefully you can make a plan and move forward from here. There is lots of support here at SR so keep reading and posting.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to see you
Old 09-19-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I just want to be happy and live a normal life. I feel like my unhappiness of living in a town I don't like has really made me become a negative person. I just want to be happy and not feel lonely. Please help me get to my happy place.
Quitting drinking can help with this whopper. But just "not drinking" won't fix everything. Even people with many years of sobriety still have bad days and don't always feel "happy" all the time.

On the immediate horizon however, quitting drinking will definitely help with some physical issues of course ( hangovers, day-after anxiety and shame, etc ). It will also stop you from driving drunk and potentially ending up in jail or injuring/killing someone else in the process.

Bottom line you can do this if you really want to, but there's no magic bullet...you'll need to do the work necessary to get there.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back whopper!!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you got any ideas on a plan? How you might stay sober, Whopper?

D
Old 09-19-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have been on here for a while and then yesterday I went out for a drive. When I came home and fell asleep ( passed out). Well my Dad told me off about driving drunk and stuff, 1/2 hr lecture. I feel really bad. Truth is I didn't really drink all that much, like 2 shots? Guess I was hungover from the day before or something. I don't want to live like this
A 1/2 hour lecture is mild, could have been much worse, like cuffed and booked, hefty fines, loss of your license, or you could have taken a life.

The good news is you do not have to live like this, but that is a choice you have to make.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Ontario cant be that bad!

On a serious note have you look into A.A!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

when i found that i couldn't stick to this commitment, i understood something else was needed.
power greater than myself via a spiritual path/ principles, or a plan with a toolbox.

triggers are just that; they trigger but don't cause. in that way, they are ultimately irrelevant.