Do they all hit rock bottom?

Old 09-18-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do they all hit rock bottom?

Yesterday I posted how i have not heard from the addict was worrying sick and fear of him just finding new enabling partner was eating me away all week.
Today I have found out what has happened. He is now homeless after his mum took him under her shoulder and did everything to try fix it ( just like me in the past) she had to kick him out.
While she and her partner were away he sold valuble household items to feed his gambling and drug addiction he also stole some money.
He had a week to move out but instead he decided to quit his job and go out this weekend again, he came back high and when they tried to remove him from the house he has been so verbally abusive saying he has no friends and nowhere to go she suggested he asked his druggie friends for help, eventually police had to turn up and he just walked away.
Nobody heard from him since then his mum is so worried and she sounded so upset as her partner has left as it was too much to take on, he may be back with her since the addict is gone.
I am a bit worried wonder if this would be his rock bottom or yet again it will do nothing and he will find another recuer but i know i am powerless and now i am glad i found out whts gone on. He hasnt got his phone so can not contact anyone but its probably for the best because i feel disgusted by what he has done to her mother especially after she gave him a chance years after he stole her previously!
He has no shame and it hurts to know what hs to happen for him to see how many more people will be hurt by him before he reaches rock bottom or will he ever?
Old 09-18-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Dee
I am sorry to say, that some hit bottom and keep on digging.
I am so sorry for what brings you here. Sorry also I can't really offer you anything but moral support.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Drugs make people do horrible things. I feel so sorry for his mother, but I'm sure she's done the right thing for him and herself.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies

I am now trying to not focus what his bottom will be at the end of the day me and his son dont matter right now its all about him, his DOC and people who do these drugs with him..